Pocket Carry

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jackde3, Aug 30, 2007.

1. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    I won't get my 380 until Saturday, I was just wondering if I need to buy a pocket holster or can I just
    toss it in my front or back pocket and not worry about the inside the pocket holster..

What do you think ......... any know ?

[smiley=embarassed.gif]

2. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Welcome jackde3. While some do carry just in the pocket it is preferable to have something protecting the trigger.

3. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
  4. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    +1 , it also helps keep it right side up ; just incase you need to pull it out ;)

5. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    I think I found the one I want and it's not to expensive ,
    the Bianchi Trixter 33.00 shipped.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Step5pro

Step5pro New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Also helps with pocket lint.

7. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Ahh, but pocket lint adds to the muzzle flash intimidation factor on the first shot. Or so I've heard.

8. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    You can carry it in a half-unzippered gun rug, if you like. Works just like a holster. Also, if you ever need to empty your pocket in public, just zip it up and no one will know what it is. I had to do that once for a medical exam.

9. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

Go with a pocket holster for all the previous reasons. Plus a pocket holster will help stop the weapons "print" from showing through your pants. A pocket holster makes it look like a wallet. Try the DeSantis Nemesis for about $20.

10. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    I would recommend a holster

a. keeps lint away from the gun
    b. keeps the gun upright
    c. protects the trigger (although I doubt on a kel-tec you could accidently pull the trigger in your pocket, but I'm not into taking chances).

You can get a desantis nemesis from midwayusa.com for $13.49 + like $2.99 first class shipping through 8/31 sale.  That's about the cheapest I've found.  If you got a Cabela's near by they had them for like $15 (if in-stock, they weren't at my "local" one).

Note: I'm not expert in the kel-tec field. Just picked mine up not long ago, you should look to more wise people for more holster thoughts really.

11. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
  12. TexasGeezer

TexasGeezer New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    I likewise also just bought a P-3AT and have a Nemesis on order.  

I cut down an old glasses case, the vertical kind open at one end, and am using it until my Nemesis arrives in a week or so.  Works fine and I feel better knowing the trigger is covered while in my pocket.

13. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Plus one million to a pocket holster... The Nemesis is great, and low-cost, too.

:-[ :-X
    He's right

14. tjhjunk

tjhjunk New Member

Jun 10, 2007
  15. Muddflap

Muddflap New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Mine came from Robert Mika. They are not pretty, but they work great. I have his pocket holsters for 3 different guns. Very reasonable price, and a great guy to deal with.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/index.html

16. Swissyankee

Swissyankee New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    I just ordered the IWB hoster, should be here in a few weeks. ;D I tried out the Lanyard for a week and I've learned to hate it. :'(

17. Ohio_Rusty

Ohio_Rusty New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Here in Ohio, we can carry a pistol in our pocket or IWB, but it MUST be in a holster, no clips on the gun allowed. That being said, I'm planning on getting a Nemisis holster from Midway as this holiday weekend they are on sale for less than $15.00. Best price on the 'net. I would have had my new P3AT this weekend, but the distributor for the gun shop was all out. Looks like it will be next weekend and hopefully my gun will be in. For now, it's getting accessories so I have all my 'stuff' and ammo when the gun comes in.
    Ohio Rusty

18. TexasGeezer

TexasGeezer New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    I ordered one from Midway Monday evening, 8/27 and it arrived in the mail yesterday, Friday 8/31.

On sale for $13.49. Great service and I like the Nemesis.

Desantis has a new model, called the Super Fly, with a reversable velcro flap covering one side of the holster.

The Nemesis is bulky enough for me and does not print with my P-3AT all that badly.

19. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    MUDDY, THANKS FOR THE BOB MIKA THING BUT I THINK I'LL GO WITH
    PRATICAL AND PRETTY.

I DATED A GIRL ONCE THAT WAS FUNCTIONAL AND NOT PRETTY AND FOUND
    I DIDN'T TAKE HER OUT ENOUGH...

THANKS ANYWAY [smiley=dankk2.gif]

20. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    jackde3 , when you leave all caps it means your yelling. STOP YELLING ,thanks