Pocket Carry

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by comoesq, Mar 28, 2009.

1. comoesq

comoesq New Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Any concerns about pick-pockets when carrying in the back pocket? I have read that it is recommended you carry your money, wallet, etc. in the front pocket, especially when traveling, to help protect against pick-pocketing. That, among others, is a reason I carry in the front pocket.

Your thoughts?

2. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

Front pocket only for me. Deeper pockets = better retention in my book. It's simply a peace of mind thing for me.

3. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I carry IWB with the belt clip, back pocket with wallet holster, and in my boot with a cheap leather wallet holster with leather too thin for pocket carry. I wear chino slacks so my back pocket are plenty deep. Also, I am extreme aware of my surroundings. No one gets close enough to get to my back pocket. On those occasions when I'm in a crowd, I keep my hand on my back pocket so no one can get in it. If I have any concerns at all, I carry IWB or in my boot.

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Right front pocket only for me. First 32 years of my life I lived in NYC - for as long as I can remember have carried my wallet in my left front pocket over concern of being pick pocketed.

5. papajoe

papajoe New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Front pocket Desantis Nemisis, easy to keep your hand on when walking.

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    + 1 For front pocket carry with the Desantis. Great combo.

7. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    Left front pocket of my Wranglers, for now at least.  The GA handgun carry license requires us  to carry in a holster or use a belt clip to be legal here in GA, so my wife cut and sewed a bare minimum pocket holster for me out of soft leather just to make it legal. It fits nicely in the left front pocket without printing the shape of the pistol.  But I'm slow and clumsy on the draw with my left hand, so I'm going to start carrying in the right front pocket and keep keys and change in the left front pocket so I can draw and fire quicker if I ever need to God forbid. I tried carrying it in the right side for a while yesterday,  and I found that it's gonna be awfully hard to get used to having my keys, change,  and pocket knife on the left side after carrying them on the right side for the last 50+ years.

8. badchris

badchris New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    I've never even considered carrying a pistol in my back pocket. Front pocket yes, but rarely. I like the belly bands.

9. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    I've been carrying in my right front pocket and I also find it hard to not put anything there. I usually hang my keys on my right and also my cell phone. Been trying to keep everything on the left and very hard to get used to. Today I found some change in my right after I got out of the post office (no carry there) so didnt think about it till I put my gun back in there.

10. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    front pocket only

11. goodbrewing

goodbrewing Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Front right pocket in a desantis holster with nothing else in the pocket. I also had a tough time remembering to put my keys in the left pocket but got used to it.

12. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Usually front pocket but back pocket is comfortable when standing or going for a walk. I wouldn't do it in a crowd though and I'm not comfortable sitting on my gun.

13. KelTex78

KelTex78 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I carry in my front right pocket. I have always carried my wallet in my front left just because I don't like sitting on a lump. I recall seeing a picture on here of someone's KT with a cracked frame from being sat on. I did a quick search and couldn't find it; maybe somebody else can remember what thread it was in?

14. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    I've carried my cash in a money clip (now a small Kershaw chive functions as the clip) in my left front pocket since 1966 and now my right pocket is full with P3.

When my Dad was about 70 he would wrap a bunch of rubberbands around his wallet, so the pick pockets couldn't get it out easily.  He continued this practice when he went in the resthome.  To this day I wonder where my Dad was going that he had to be concerned about pick pockets and what kind of people where in that rest home?

15. pointpro

pointpro New Member

May 9, 2005
    Right front pocket or on the hip strong side

16. ljhooley

ljhooley New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Living in Washington state, I wear a jacket about nine months of the year.
    So carry in my right jacket pocket.