Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24/7 Wall St. ranked 25 high velocity handguns today, and the PMR-30 comes in at number 8.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least they had the good taste to include a Kel-Tec handgun (my personal favorite). I have three other guns on that list, but the PMR-30 will remain my favorite shooter.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
the first one is all you need to know:
Velocity: 600 ft/s
this is like a 45 acp on a bad day. What are they calling high-velocity here, better than a paintball? This is on par with calling semi auto rifles as high powered -- like the 223 or AK I mean -- when they shoot ammo designed to be low recoil in a full auto used by a 10 year old boy. There are far more than 30 pistols that get close to 1000 fps.
a basic 22 mag revolver with 5 inches for example -- is it time for this old site link again?

BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: .44 Mag Results or how about that desert eagle?

this doesn't even consider any specialty loading (eg my light 380s in hot 9mm and 357 loadouts).

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My point in posting this was not to promote the validity of the article, but to point out my joy of having seen a list of any kind mention Kel-Tec. Most reviewers that make a list act like Kel-Tec doesn't even exist.

·
Registered
169 Posts
One of them is a toy gun.

Recommended ammo: 9mm Really? Are they saying that 9mm is recommended for a 9mm gun but other calibers are optional?

Do we really believe that a Glock 19 has more velocity than a Glock 17?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I said, I'm not saying this was well written or accurate, I'm just a fan-boy (or fan-oldman) and like to see KT placed with other brands for a change.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Funny, I remember my Ruger Security Six .357 magnum revolver has more than most if not the most velocity than anything on that list using std 357 ammo and I reloaded that thing most of the time max load for velocity around 1450 FPS out of a 6 inch barrel.. Useless list except to look at pretty guns! lol

Reactions: tzcomp
1 - 11 of 11 Posts