Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had any trigger work done on the pmr? Mine is ok but I like the lightest trigger pull I can get. Around 2 pounds would be great!! Thanks. bmann

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seems to me a 2lb trigger is a huge safety issue for accidental discharge.

Depends on what type of shooting he is doing, if defense, hunting, plinking or carry, 3.5 to 4.5 would be my choice due to safety issues.

For a dedicated bullseye gun 2# is actually a bit high.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the input , I do target shoot with some of my friends. I sometimes hunt with my S&W 460 and it has a 4lb. trigger. I don't know anybody local (Montgomery Al.) that is willing or can do the trigger job. Any sugestions? Thanks My kimber eclispe targetII also has a 3.5lb. trigger. I think I like the pmr as much as any of my guns!!!!!!!!! Bmann

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maybe I got lucky with mine but it has to be one of the nicest out of the box trigger pulls I have experienced in the last twenty or so years ,on a none custom gun.
Three pounds 1 ounce and no creep. SJ 40

·
Registered
301 Posts
Beman,
I still don't know why you want to change/lighten a good trigger that many including well known gun reviewers admire and comment positively about. Another thread here has commented on trigger pull with the documented information re: lbs.

I once handled a 2 lbs trigger on a guys ccw. That reworked trigger wil certainly land him in jail iffin he has a self defense use.

Anyway, I love my factory trigger on mine.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cleaned my gun and it made a world of difference! Don't think I will do anything to it now. Wow!! What a change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just did a trigger job myself. It was really easy taking out the receiver and disassembling it. Polishing the sear and hammer was pretty easy too. It was extremely difficult putting it back together, however. So difficult that i simply couldn't do it.

A gunsmith might not want to do it for you though. I got lucky with mine, he's putting it back together as i type.

So i would say, it isn't worth the effort. It's already pretty smooth, so don't worry about trying to make it smoother.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know I think the trigger is actually pretty good from the factory mine breaks just a little bit over 3 lb that's almost as good as my AR

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know I think the trigger is actually pretty good from the factory mine breaks just a little bit over 3 lb that's almost as good as my AR
Yea, KelTec does a pretty decent job at making their triggers for these guns, most of the time..

When I took mine apart however, I noticed that the machining was off. The straight edges were pretty lopsided, an edge on the seer was rounded (found this out when I had to order new parts... I had a feeling something wasn't right), and there were potholes making the system a bit creepy.

I ended up taking a bit more material off than I expected the first time around, trying to make nice square edges out of the slop. That's why I ordered new parts.

The new parts were very well made though. It didn't take me nearly as long to polish and neaten things up as it did the first time. It's still waiting at the shop though... They have a 2 week backlog of hunters.

Anyways long story short, it really isn't worth the headache. Honestly. You need a friggin machine to put this thing back together. Definitely not as simple as an AR, that's for sure.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
I had such a hair trigger that I had to warn people before shooting it. But was fine (to me) otherwise. I had the factory look it over to make sure everything was in spec.
I don't remember what all they did to it, but I got new furniture, hiviz sights, upgraded buffer, and still a light trigger that is great, with the Original barrel, and frame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts