Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my PMR last year, super excited. Only been to the range a few times, I'd say I haven't got 500 rnds through it. Went shooting today and on the 11th shot I felt (minor) blowback and grit all over my face. (This is why we wear safety glasses, kids!) On inspection I saw that the slide was cracked and the slide release is blown off.
Can't see any other damage, but to unload the rest of the mag I manually cycled and nothing's feeding right. Anyone else had a problem like this?

It's bone stock, shooting off-the-shelf Hornadys. Pretty disappointed. I'll send it in, of course. But I wondered if this has happened before or if I'm just lucky. Or if anyone has any speculation on what happened.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like mine did a year and a half ago. Root cause was a squib round causing a bore obstruction (bad batch of ammo that killed both the PMR and my CMR on the same day)

·
Registered
671 Posts
All of my Kel-Tecs are black. I won't buy a color because of the problems I have been seeing for the last couple of years. My weapons don't need to look pretty, I just want to make sure that they function. I will carry three with me into a fire fight so I'm sure I will get more functionality than not. I'm old but they are light enough to carry three.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My brother’s did something similar (Same color as yours) but instead of cracking, his safety blew off the gun.

Mine shoots with almost no issues…. I’d be super bummed if I got one of those lousy ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts