Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new PMR-30. A lot of fun. But I have an issue. The rear sights are a problem for these old eyes. I don't see the red as well as I do other colors. I reached out to Kel-Tec and was told they don't offer the rear fiber pipes in any other color. They did tell me that the diameter is .06". I can find some after market pipes in that diameter. How do I get the old pipes out? Trying to grab one with a knife blade and slide it out did not work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You might try working them out with a small set of needle nose pliers. Some PMR-30 owners have had problems keeping the light pipes *IN* the slide, having them come loose under recoil. I used a drop of super glue to secure mine after they started to move.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Technology Electronic component Electronic device
For future reference, I took the slide cover off. It appears that when the fiber pipes are inserted, a small, sharp object (ice pick?) is heated and used to melt the pipes just enough to lock it between the keys on the underside of the slide cover. Actually better than glue, IMO. I can deal with that. You might be able to tell in the attached picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.