Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. I've had my PMR-30 for a few months and love it. My problem is finding a compatible IWB holster for it. First, I don't like Kydex holsters. I've ordered (from Amazon and eBay) and returned three different nylon holsters (ACE, Bulldog, and a generic) that claimed to fit the PMR-30 but didn't. Keltec customer/tech service was of no help, telling me to go to a big gun store and open holster packages and test fit the gun until I found one that was compatible.

I've looked at previous threads here but did not see an IWB holster by brand/model number that fits the PMR-30. I'm not hard over on a holster with a mag pouch, and I don't intend to add red dots or tac lights. I also don't like the holsters that allow the barrel to extend outside the holster uncovered.

Can someone recommend either a nylon (preferred) or leather IWB holster?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
New guy here. I've had my PMR-30 for a few months and love it. My problem is finding a compatible IWB holster for it. First, I don't like Kydex holsters. I've ordered (from Amazon and eBay) and returned three different nylon holsters (ACE, Bulldog, and a generic) that claimed to fit the PMR-30 but didn't. Keltec customer/tech service was of no help, telling me to go to a big gun store and open holster packages and test fit the gun until I found one that was compatible.

I've looked at previous threads here but did not see an IWB holster by brand/model number that fits the PMR-30. I'm not hard over on a holster with a mag pouch, and I don't intend to add red dots or tac lights. I also don't like the holsters that allow the barrel to extend outside the holster uncovered.

Can someone recommend either a nylon (preferred) or leather IWB holster?

Thanks
Hve you check this out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Five of them are Kydex, two are the ACEs that don't fit, one is a shoulder rig, the other two leave the gun barrel exposed. Between YouTube and various blogs/forums, I've looked at maybe 25 different reference sources. One of the gun forums sent me here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am currently making a really nice IWB custom holster just for PMR 30. had the same problem, not being able to find what i wanted for my baby. started making all kinds of accessories just for pmr 30.will post pics later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi I am currently making a really nice IWB custom holster just for PMR 30. had the same problem, not being able to find what i wanted for my baby. started making all kinds of accessories just for pmr 30.will post pics later.
Great! Look forward to seeing them. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crossbreed Holsters and Alien Gear Holsters both make IWB holsters for the PMR30 that covers the entire slide or at last has leather to keep the slide off your skin.

SuperTuck® IWB Holster

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck IWB Holster (Inside the Waistband)

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 IWB Holster (Inside the Waistband)
Thanks, I had looked at both Supertuck and Alien Gear holsters. I don't like Kydex/hard shell holsters, and the Supertuck also leaves about an inch of the barrel exposed.

I wasn't too impressed with the customer service rep I spoke with at Alien Gear. I called to ask questions and I kept hearing words like, "should," "probably," "guess," etc. I also wasn't sure the rep ever knew what a PMR-30 was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Good news, I found the perfect IWB leather holster for the PMR-30. It's Stoner Holsters' model 415 IWB, and is uniquely custom made for the PMR-30. The quality and workmanship are superb, and it's very comfortable.

A friend mentioned buying a Stoner and explained they were locally made and designed for specific pistols, no generic or one size fits most. Turns out they are manufactured about 40 miles from me in a converted automobile dealership in Middletown, Oh. The former showroom is packed with not only their own holsters, but other firearm accessories, gear, and clothing.

Nice folks selling quality American made holsters. I heartily recommend them.

Clifden

1 - 8 of 8 Posts