Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought both PMR and CMR 30's. Used CCI Maxi-Mag 40gr. Had FTF with PMR. Bought feed ramp and mag release upgrades from MCARBO for both. I replaced the mag release on both and the feed ramp on the PMR. Here's my question. Has anyone replace the feed ramp on the PMR and then had to heat up the mag and squeeze the two sides together where the rounds are feed to the ramp? The right side round feed just fine the left side jammed every time. MCARBO told me to do this to the mags after I sent them an email about how ticked I was about it. When I asked them why they did not share this in their PMR Bundle You tube I received a somewhat condescending replay, that this was a given and everyone should know this.

So needless to say I will be doing as little business with them as I can in the future.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have not felt a need to swap out the feed ramp or heat and squeeze the magazine. I did do a light fluff and buff of the OEM feed ramp.

I had the same problem originally with FTF (mostly from left side of mag) but I was shooting 36gr CCI Maxi Mags and Speer Gold Dots. I buffed the feed ramp and still has issues with those two. Once I switched to using 40Gr TMJ Maxi Mags, all my feeding problems went away.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bought both PMR and CMR 30's. Used CCI Maxi-Mag 40gr. Had FTF with PMR. Bought feed ramp and mag release upgrades from MCARBO for both. I replaced the mag release on both and the feed ramp on the PMR. Here's my question. Has anyone replace the feed ramp on the PMR and then had to heat up the mag and squeeze the two sides together where the rounds are feed to the ramp? The right side round feed just fine the left side jammed every time. MCARBO told me to do this to the mags after I sent them an email about how ticked I was about it. When I asked them why they did not share this in their PMR Bundle You tube I received a somewhat condescending replay, that this was a given and everyone should know this.

So needless to say I will be doing as little business with them as I can in the future.
I would love to see the exact message from MCARBO including the instructions for this fix!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Right off the bat mine did not feed, 20 rounds CCI Maxi-Mag TNT loaded. And about 8 jams through the rest. Not picking up from mag. The slide was very hard to pull back, the slide release took 2 fingers to release slide. Took it home and took it apart. Lots of paint on contact slide surfaces, cleaned that up, filed corner of slide release catch according to the weird guy video on utube, works like a charm now, made several passes and slowly removed a little with a very fine steel nail file. Pulled firing pin and found a nasty puddle of oil, cleaned that out and emery clothed the pin. Now, the slide pull s back as expected, releases like a Glock, pin moves freely. ordered the mag release upgrade from MCARBO after my experiments to raise magazine that extra .040/1mm play did not retain magazine well. That should help a lot as the mag could sit a bit higher and allow a better pick of the round. The factory fit and finish is below average. I think this will be a good shooter once the new mag release is in, everything else is super smooth now. Took about 3 hours to go through it and make it better. That is a lot of trial, reassembly, back together, back apart. Its easy to remove material, hard to replace it, so take your time and a little at a time

·
Registered
50 Posts
Alright, got the M-carbo mag release rework today, put it in, few minutes, easy if you do not split the frame and use very small tubing to hold spring ends together on reinstallation. It holds the magazine up nice and tight, a slight bit of play noticeable on bottom, not so much up near ramp. With my filing and cleaning of slide grooves, firing pin and channel work. Went from 40% feed/misfire failure to 1.5%, and that may have been my fault using the nest loader for the first time, (worth every dime that little device).
75 rounds with 25 in each magazine load. The 1st two mags each had 1 failure, the third none. This may end and be a good shooter after all. Love doing my own gunsmithing and love seeing good results.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts