PM email notification

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by j-vtol, Dec 26, 2010.

1. j-vtol

j-vtol New Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Just wondering if anybody has had PM email notification issues? The lastest PM I received was not emailed to me. I also noticed two of my recent reply PMs have not been read as if maybe the recipients didn't get notification either. Just checking.

Thanks.

2. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Mine has been fine. But there have been days over the past year when I didn't get them. As for the other members, email notification is not auotmatically checked when you register and some folks don't know that. Also some folks only read the email of the PM and don't think to go look at it in their message in box. I run into this one quite regularly when I send folks PM's . I'll see something in a message that iindicates they've seen my PM, but it doesn't show as read in my outbox.

:-/

3. j-vtol

j-vtol New Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Thanks 3wbdriver. I don't stay logged in much as other members, but I'll try to pay more attention.

4. 19p11

19p11 New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Happened to me the other day.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Neither email nor pop-up notification is the default setting, although I wish they were.  Members must to into their profile and make those changes in order to be notified of PMs.  Otherwise, it only shows up in the Infor Center at the bottom of the Main Index Page, where some folks apparently don't know or don't think to look.