Plus P ammo for P3at

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rizo, Apr 17, 2009.

1. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I recently bought a box of MAGTECH(guardian gold series )ammo for my KT 380.Now I`ve been told not to use this ammo in this gun,although the dealer I bought it from knew what gun I was using it for.My question is has anyone used this ammo before in this gun?Is It safe to use?

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Your owners' manual states that the gun is rated for +P, but not for "continuous" use. There is no SAAMI specification for +P in .380 ACP anyway, so it is really just marketing fluff. People have used that ammo before in their P-3ATs with no unsafe incidents that I know of.

3. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Who told you not to use it? I carry Magtech First Defense in my P-3AT without any problems. I use their Guardian Gold in my H&K .40 S&W also. Great carry ammo.

4. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Some friend`s of mind said not to use it, said they heard a guy`s p3at came apart after two rounds fired.I`ve used it in my other guns with no problems.

5. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    MagSAFE has caused at least one P-3AT kaboom before. Now the boxes say not to use it in P-3ATs. MagTech is totally different.

6. bluesman

bluesman New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    You must be kidding, my hand hurts enough with regular .380!!! ;D

7. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    I'd like to know how much "not continuosly" means in regard to use of Plus ammo

8. grand94jeep

grand94jeep New Member

Feb 28, 2009

It means don't shoot +P rounds through it everytime you shoot it.  ::)

As with any type of ammo you should fire a few rounds through your gun to make sure it will feed and eject properly. I fed two mags, before the shortage hit.

I've shot and carry the Magtech Guardian Gold +P .380 in my P3AT. Everygun is different. Before I did the Fluff & Buff mine would not feed JHP's. I could't even shoot WWB. After the F&B mine will feed any .380 I feed it.

If you haven't performed the F&B, I highly recommend it, as does everyone else here. I would not rely on JHP's feeding reliably till you do.

9. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN

plus one,,,,+1!!!

10. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

It means don't shoot +P rounds through it everytime you shoot it.  ::)

As with any type of ammo you should fire a few rounds through your gun to make sure it will feed and eject properly. I fed two mags, before the shortage hit.

I've shot and carry the Magtech Guardian Gold +P .380 in my P3AT. Everygun is different. Before I did the Fluff & Buff mine would not feed JHP's. I could't even shoot WWB. After the F&B mine will feed any .380 I feed it.

If you haven't performed the F&B, I highly recommend it, [highlight]as does everyone else here[/highlight]. I would not rely on JHP's feeding reliably till you do.[/quote]
    No ,not quite. There are many here who never F&B. I have guns that are and some that are not. Both shoot reliably. The only thing a F&B does is speed up break in. It can save ya some ammo and some FTF grief. BUT nothing says ya can't get your KT reliable w/ just a standard break in.