Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a box of MAGTECH(guardian gold series )ammo for my KT 380.Now I`ve been told not to use this ammo in this gun,although the dealer I bought it from knew what gun I was using it for.My question is has anyone used this ammo before in this gun?Is It safe to use?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Your owners' manual states that the gun is rated for +P, but not for "continuous" use. There is no SAAMI specification for +P in .380 ACP anyway, so it is really just marketing fluff. People have used that ammo before in their P-3ATs with no unsafe incidents that I know of.

·
Registered
175 Posts
rizo said:
I recently bought a box of MAGTECH(guardian gold series )ammo for my KT 380.Now I`ve been told not to use this ammo in this gun,although the dealer I bought it from knew what gun I was using it for.My question is has anyone used this ammo before in this gun?Is It safe to use?
Who told you not to use it? I carry Magtech First Defense in my P-3AT without any problems. I use their Guardian Gold in my H&K .40 S&W also. Great carry ammo.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some friend`s of mind said not to use it, said they heard a guy`s p3at came apart after two rounds fired.I`ve used it in my other guns with no problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
12smile said:
I'd like to know how much "not continuosly" means in regard to use of Plus ammo

It means don't shoot +P rounds through it everytime you shoot it.  ::)

As with any type of ammo you should fire a few rounds through your gun to make sure it will feed and eject properly. I fed two mags, before the shortage hit.

I've shot and carry the Magtech Guardian Gold +P .380 in my P3AT. Everygun is different. Before I did the Fluff & Buff mine would not feed JHP's. I could't even shoot WWB. After the F&B mine will feed any .380 I feed it.

If you haven't performed the F&B, I highly recommend it, as does everyone else here. I would not rely on JHP's feeding reliably till you do.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Sangueffusor said:
Your owners' manual states that the gun is rated for +P, but not for "continuous" use. There is no SAAMI specification for +P in .380 ACP anyway, so it is really just marketing fluff. People have used that ammo before in their P-3ATs with no unsafe incidents that I know of.

plus one,,,,+1!!!

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
grand94jeep said:
[quote author=12smile link=1240015934/0#6 date=1240465808]I'd like to know how much "not continuosly" means in regard to use of Plus ammo

It means don't shoot +P rounds through it everytime you shoot it.  ::)

As with any type of ammo you should fire a few rounds through your gun to make sure it will feed and eject properly. I fed two mags, before the shortage hit.

I've shot and carry the Magtech Guardian Gold +P .380 in my P3AT. Everygun is different. Before I did the Fluff & Buff mine would not feed JHP's. I could't even shoot WWB. After the F&B mine will feed any .380 I feed it.

If you haven't performed the F&B, I highly recommend it, [highlight]as does everyone else here[/highlight]. I would not rely on JHP's feeding reliably till you do.[/quote]
No ,not quite. There are many here who never F&B. I have guns that are and some that are not. Both shoot reliably. The only thing a F&B does is speed up break in. It can save ya some ammo and some FTF grief. BUT nothing says ya can't get your KT reliable w/ just a standard break in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts