Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,977 Posts
Sorry folks. Nobody knows what happened to the large collection of great PLR-16 pictures and descriptions. It disappeared on 20JAN12, and it's apparently not coming back. All we can do at this point is start it back up again. If you posted here before and it's gone, please post again.

The Official PLR-16 Picture Thread

Pictures and brief descriptions only, so it stays lean and mean, and a good place to browse, sort of the online version of a PLR-16 coffee table book. If a mod or accessory looks interesting and you'd like to discuss it, please start a new thread and post a link here so the picture thread doesn't get hijacked.

Can't wait to see all the great PLR-16 pics.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts

lean and mean. This is as "tacticool" as I get. Everything else is wood and blued steel, the way a gun should be. (ok, 3 small exceptions. What you gonna do? shoot me?)

Lop

·
Super Moderator
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My PLR-16 is high mileage, and fairly plain Jane. Kel-Tec polymer forend, and Hogue HandAll (Hogue #17000).

I liked the Yankee Hill Manufacturing Phantom 5C2 muzzle compensator, but I replaced it with the original Kel-Tec thread protector so it'd fit into my 17" notebook PC carrying case that I refer to as urban camouflage. The same carrying case simultaneously transports a 9mm SUB-2000, a .40 SUB-2000 and a lot of mags for all three weapons. :cool:

One of the most impressive aspects of the PLR-16 is the giant fireball and the VERY loud muzzle report. It's way louder than a typical AR-15 with a 16" barrel.

Another impressive aspect is the penetration. A rifle round out of a pistol is still impressive. Steel penetrator green tip bullets zip through 1/4" aluminum like it's hardly even there. It'll penetrate 3/8" plate steel.

Most people don't appreciate the accuracy potential of the PLR-16. This isn't typical, but it does show what is possible shooting a PLR-16 off a bench at 98 yards, with a scope and good hand loaded ammo. Yeah, that's a three shot group. Photo credit and shooting credit: M2_Carbine

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good to see another picture thread!

Here we go!

Kel-Tec Forend
Barska Red Dot Sight
UTG Tactical Bi-Pod
UAG Tactical Light
Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake

Case is a UTG Gun Case w/ Shoulder Strap

Love this gun.