Please post pics of sights .

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Drivebytrucker, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Whether thet are stick on, painted on, or gunsmith installed sights. PLease post pics and a quick note about how you did it.......

I accidently posted this in the p32 forum, please forgive me ... I meant to post in p3at

2. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    man.... i must have really bad breath... not even one reply. :-?

3. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    It's just that there are several excellent posts on this issue that contain all the details. But, you have to use the search button near the top of the page to find them.

Mine - clean with alcohol, use a toothpick to put a round dot, dry overnight, cover with liquid bandage...
    [​IMG]

4. jst4kix

jst4kix New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    +1 on Wheelguy's post

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Also, aside from painting them or installing an Armalaser, most folks don't mess with the sites on these much.  There are no easy/cheap after-market site solutions.  Some have used a stick-on glow in the dark product call Nightsiters.  Once or twice, I have seen a shotgun bead or something similar installed with glue or by tapping the slide.  This is an up close and personal type of weapon anyway.  Heck, the Seecamps don't even have sites.  God forbid, if you ever use a P3 in SD, it'll probably be a bad breath range and you won't notice even notice the sites.  You might not even get it up to eye level - a good argument for a laser. If you are looking for a target pistol, this ain't it. ;)

6. Geezer_Glide

Geezer_Glide New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Wheelguy, I don't know how functional those sights are but they sure look good. What kind of paint did you use?

7. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    That's a special "site paint" from my local gun shop. But, I've heard of (not seen) nearly as good results using Testor's from Walmart.

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Probably Bright Sites. I've got a box of assorted colors somewhere.

9. Mean_Bone

Mean_Bone New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the link with the explanation as to why and how.

10. TheWrights2004

TheWrights2004 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    anyone able to advise as to where to buy a small amount of paint for the sights? Names of products?

11. iweb

iweb New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I bought a small bottle of green paint for a model car at Walmart, works great.

12. TheWrights2004

Nov 18, 2008
    Thanx for the info...I really like the green & orange setup (I'm a UofMiami fan) of wheelguy...I'll see if maybe they have similar colors there

13. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Testors florescent green and orange;
    [​IMG]

14. TheWrights2004

Nov 18, 2008
    I'm assuming that this is the same Testors that was mentioned previously and can be purchased at Walmart...If so, would this be found in the model paint area or the hunting/ammo area?

15. Iexpedite08

Iexpedite08 New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Testors is model paint, I guess I will see you there. :)

16. TheWrights2004

Nov 18, 2008
    Just got back from Walmart was told they no longer stock model paints and supplies (too many kids getting high I'm sure)...So, I will be looking into finding a local hobby shop to see if they have what I'm looking for.

17. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    What about those Sharpie paint markers?

18. TheWrights2004

Nov 18, 2008
    Ok I pretty much replicated this setup here.  However, the orange is not showing as bright as the green so I may move that to the front site and put the orange on the rear set.  Also,  after drying over night if I hit the painted area w/ the toothpik the paint comes right off.  Did anyone have any issues w/ their paint sticking to a blued slide???

19. CH

CH New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I'm assuming that this is the same Testors that was mentioned previously and can be purchased at Walmart...If so, would this be found in the model paint area or the hunting/ammo area?
    [/quote]

Maybe in and around the sewing and hobby supplies area. Please post when you find the area. Thanks.