Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me with experience how far a RFB 24 in will maintain its accuracy? I have read key-tec's specs and says up to 1200 yds however upon reading others reviews this sounds like a short range rifle. Who can help me with this? Thank you

·
Registered
427 Posts
A rifle generates a "cone of fire" within which the bullet can be predicted to land. Other than that, there is the point at several hundred yards in which the round goes transonic, which may affect accuracy.

Neither of these are unique to the RFB.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Unfortunately havnt seen much info from 24 owners. Unless they did a better job on the chamber than they did on the 18” I would not expect better than 1.5 MOA or 10.5” groups best case at 1000 yds... The biggest benefit will be that 24” barrel and the added velocity it provides. With that you should be able to get 175’s to remain supersonic to around 1000 yards I think, and maintain a maneagable bullet drop out to that range...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Unfortunately havnt seen much info from 24 owners. Unless they did a better job on the chamber than they did on the 18” I would not expect better than 1.5 MOA or 10.5” groups best case at 1000 yds... The biggest benefit will be that 24” barrel and the added velocity it provides. With that you should be able to get 175’s to remain supersonic to around 1000 yards I think, and maintain a maneagable bullet drop out to that range...
Yeah, I'm a guilty party.
I got my Hunter mainly for the +200 FPS out of the same round.
And even though I have access to a free 400-yard range, complete with 4" thick concrete table, and lead-sled; I haven't taken the time to stretch it out much past 200-yards.
It's too busy doing what it does best: showing people that yes, you can have a rifle that isn't 5-feet long, shoots a substantial round 200 yards, accurately, doesn't cost $3000, and can lay down an amazing amount of fire-power in a very short time:eek:.

What it does best: open people's eyes and bring them into the fold:D.
Edit: ...and I will definitely hook anybody up with it!
008.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts