Please accept me to your ranks

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by nate527, Apr 18, 2009.

1. nate527

nate527 New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I officially joined the ranks of P-3AT owners today! I purchased one from a LGS at a reasonable price ($299) and they even sold me a box of FMJ and a spare magazine for a normal price. I would post a pic, but you know it kind of looks like all the other blued ones ;D. Next on the list a pocket holster and either some Gold Dots or Hornady.

There were 2 other people buying P3AT's at the same time I was....I guess the 7-8 it looked like they had will be gone in short order.

2. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Welcome.

Just went and shot mine again today.
    Shot it's big brother too...the P11 9mm.

Everyone here always says they multiply quickly.
    It's true...I got the 9mm just a few months after the p3at.
    Just clean it...shoot it...clean it...shoot it some more.

Just posted more pictures from todays shoot.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1239982708

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG and congrates on the P3AT

4. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    Well Nate, Welcome. This is a good crew you are hooking up with. Lots of info and encuragement. If it looks like the other blue ones, show us some picks of it on the range, or some of it's siblings. There are lots of holster posts on this site, but i've made my own for pocket carry. No one sees it, so who cares? Remember, don't carry a gun without a safty that is not in a holster to cover the trigger, unless you like GSW's. Go to the tech works and look up fluff and buff stuff. It's not always needed, but it is alway fun to play with guns. ;)
    As others have said, shoot, clean, lube, repeat...

have fun, be safe.
    lop

5. comoesq

comoesq New Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Welcome. Don't be shy about any questions you may have. There is a lot of knowledge and helpful people to answer any questions you can come up with. Regarding the P3At that is. ;)

Jerry

6. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Syndil can answer any question about anything. :)

7. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hi Nate. Let us know how it shoots.

8. nate527

nate527 New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Thanks for all your posts! I'm going to try to get to our range Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning. I'm going to use this gun s a back-up since i'm going back into uniformed patrol (I'm a cop). I naver crried a back-up before, but nowadays..... Plus a new baby in the house will chnge your views too.

9. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the group. The P-3AT will make a good backup....

John

10. Haku

Haku New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Texas
    Welcome to the group. The P-3AT will make a good primary gun also ;)

11. cookieruffruff

cookieruffruff New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    welcome nate, i hope you like your p3at as much as i do,a little f/b,houge handall jr,grip ext.,and some cor-bon dpx and your all set happy shooting, 'at the range i mean' [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

12. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Yeah, ok, you're in ;D See we're not a hard bunch to get along with and most of us, including myself, think of KTOG as one big family.

13. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Welcome to the group.

Bunch of knowledge in this board...if you ever need reassambling your P3at feel free to ask feel feel free to IM torrent on facebook.   ;D

14. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    this url should come in the box :)

15. nate527

nate527 New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Well I got to our range on Wednesday afternoon and broke it in.  This baby purrs like a kitten!  I was a little more conservative on the amount of break-in I did due to the ammo situation, but after 100 rounds I am happy to report zero malfunctions.  That was with no F & B at all.  I also put some Hornady CD through it with great success as well.  I cleaned it afterwards and now rides with me on shift in my pocket, I am really liking the Nemesis holster!  I was wondering about something I read on here concerning using grease for lubrication on certain areas.  Does anyone use grease, or just good ole Break Free?  

16. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Welcome, nate

I use both, grease and oil. I usually use grease as it tends to stay put on the friction points of my gun a little longer. I have learned from this site that a heavy (a lot) lubrication, and a clean gun is number one for these little Kel Tec's.

My PF9 and P3AT work flawlessly if they are lubed and clean. I start to have a few failures when the gun gets dirty, around 150 rnds without cleaning. I have full confidence in the reliability of these little jewels.

Happy break in