Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pistol grip is an open space. Here are a couple of ideas for that space. First and I think most interesting is a device that would hold spare batteries for those who use battery powered optics. It could easily fit two or three spare batteries. Another simpler concept is just a snug fitting plug so the space could be used to hold items (small screwdriver for scope adj. and a battery) and not have them fall out.

I plan to use the space for 2032 battery storage, but my stuff would be functional only and not something nice to look at.

·
Super Moderator
10,744 Posts
I had a similar thought. I like the MagPul MOE AR-15 grip with the hollow storage space inside. There's not a lot of storage volume but there is enough for a battery or two, or a very abbreviated cleaning kit. MagPul sells a cap and insert that holds batteries for optics, and another that holds a tiny dropper bottle that's intended for gun oil or a CLP type of all-in-one cleaner-lubricant-protectant.

For homemade storage solutions, the tricks are not having items falling out of the hollow grip, and not having items rattling around inside the hollow grip. It may be possible to use excess zip lock bags to insulate and pad CR2032 batteries and wedge the well wrapped batteries into the hollow grip so they don't rattle and they don't accidentally fall out.

Now that I have 3D printers, projects like this look like 3D printing projects. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar thought. I like the MagPul MOE AR-15 grip with the hollow storage space inside. There's not a lot of storage volume but there is enough for a battery or two, or a very abbreviated cleaning kit. MagPul sells a cap and insert that holds batteries for optics, and another that holds a tiny dropper bottle that's intended for gun oil or a CLP type of all-in-one cleaner-lubricant-protectant.

For homemade storage solutions, the tricks are not having items falling out of the hollow grip, and not having items rattling around inside the hollow grip. It may be possible to use excess zip lock bags to insulate and pad CR2032 batteries and wedge the well wrapped batteries into the hollow grip so they don't rattle and they don't accidentally fall out.

Now that I have 3D printers, projects like this look like 3D printing projects. :)
I wonder if the Magpul unit will work.
If you make something on a 3D printer let me know!
I will probably make a holder for a couple of batteries out of ethafoam or some dark gray or black foam that will be forced in so there is no rattling or falling out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.