Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

pistol caliber carbine class in USPSA

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  FyreGuy 
#1 ·
I have the Sub 2000 I 9mm Glock and shot it in this week's local USPSA match. WOW. Great fun...anybody else??

#4 · (Edited)
I have a S2K in 40 but am trying to move to 9. Built a AR-9 from sales parts but thinking I really want a JP GMR-13 or Sig MPX.

Biggest challenge I have is that I don't want to give up shooting Production, my first love, to shoot PCC.

#5 ·
I have a S2K in 40 but am trying to move to 9. Builk a AR-9 from sales parts but thinking I really want a JP GMR-13 or Sig MPX.

Biggest challenge I have is that I don't want to give up shooting Production, my first love, to shoot PCC.
Contact Keltec. When I had my gen1 S2K, it was in .40SW. It was only like $150 to buy a new barrel and bolt in 9mm. Then I installed them to caliber convert the Sub2k to 9mm.

Most matches allow reshoots. Shoot production first then reshoot it with PCC.

#6 ·
Just heard about it and I feel excited. Never had a pistol I could run in USPSA but I should be able to use my Sub. I just wonder what their rules on on-gun mag holders are.

Also, probably should buy more magazines and ammo. Haven't even gone to a match and it's already proving to be an expensive sport.

#8 ·
IDPA Carbine Match

If you live in or near Central Texas there is an organization called Texas Tactical that puts on IDPA pistol and IDPA carbine matches near Austin and San Antonio. The carbine matches require the use of both rifle and pistol and there are iron sight and optic divisions. I unfortunately have not shot a match for some time, but have won the iron sight division 2 times with my Gen1 S2K and Springfield XD Tactical, both 9mm. The matches are low key and all skill levels are welcome. I highly recommend attending if possible. Great fun, but after you have tried shooting on the move, shooting while standing still will become boring.

http://www.texastactical.net/

Let Freedom Ring

#9 ·
I've been shooting Production for several years and have a mount and red dot ordered to shoot my Sub2k in PCC. I can't wait until it out runs all those JP carbines for about a third of the cost.
It comes down to the shooter. I can pull triggers pretty quickly and keep up with my friends who have JP. Does that make the S2K better? Depends on what criteria and who is shooting it.

It is like a Porsche vs a tricked out Honda. It is possible for a Honda to beat a Porsche but it is still a Honda.

Anyway there have not been many rules regarding magazines. I don't think you will be faster with a weapon mounted mag unless you are used to reloading from that position all the time and can do so fast.

The benefit to PCC is also there shouldn't be a need to reload if you are in a free state. I run 35rds in my extended mag, that gets be thru all the stages without reloading.

#11 ·
Contact Keltec. When I had my gen1 S2K, it was in .40SW. It was only like $150 to buy a new barrel and bolt in 9mm. Then I installed them to caliber convert the Sub2k to 9mm.

Most matches allow reshoots. Shoot production first then reshoot it with PCC.
I hadn't considered that, thanks.

#14 ·
Have had that problem too. I "adjusted" the lips to match those on a G17 mag and did a clean and lube. Also changed from my standard bunny fart ammo (147 gn fmj / 3.3 TG) to a 124 gn jhp / 4.0 TG. No issues after one fast and furious run. That said, it's always Murphy Time once the timer beeps. I think we may find a need for custom recoil springs in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.