Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It felt like someone hitting me with a 2”x6”. I have since ordered a linear brake.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
However using the pistol brace as intended the muzzle is far enough away that there isn’t an issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I interpret your post correctly, and there's some doubt about that... I think you're saying, you installed a muzzle brake and the resulting report/concussion was more stout than you expected? Especially being close to the muzzle/without using a pistol brace?

Is that it? If so, can you post a pix of said brake. Or is it the KT OEM unit?

I have this brake on my PLR, and while it certainly gets the attention of anyone in an adjacent shooting bay, I wouldn't consider it anywhere close to the force of being hit be a piece of lumber.

YMMV, and TTIWWOP.

It felt like someone hitting me with a 2”x6”. I have since ordered a linear brake.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the factory brake and the difference between shooting at arms length and the muzzle being 2 feet in front of my face is a shock.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yes, muzzle brakes reduce recoil and increase noise and blast. They always have.

In a 9" barrel you have everything working against you. The powder burns in maybe 10-12" of barrel and the PLR-16 has a 9" barrel so just as the pressure is peaking the barrel comes uncorked. So yeah, deflecting that blast out to the sides (I assume) will deliver a thump to you. You want to really experience something try it without hearing protection if you want to know what pain is.

Interested to know how it works with the arm brace and the linear comp'. But I think it's still going to be intense. That's just the nature of uncorking 55k psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts