Pink 3AT on Gunbroker...$370

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Nu_Agin_Shooter, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I think maybe wilson is the seller :eek:
    I know.... it's blaspheme  ;D

2. Animal_Mother

Animal_Mother New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I showed it to my girlfriend and she said "But its not even a pretty pink."  :-?

I think if it was little less pepto bismol and more of a hot pink it would probably find a happy home.  I'm not sure if it would have a deterrent affect if it had to be drawn against an assailant.  A crackhead rapist would probably just convince himself that it was a toy.

3. Jacobie05

Jacobie05 New Member

Mar 1, 2005
    I have a P32 that I died pink for my Fiancee ::)

4. Who knows what a "Duren custom trigger job" is?

5. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Egad! And at $370, positively ghastly!

6. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    I swear I've seen that same pistol for sale before.. I think it just keeps making the rounds. I guess once people realize just how ugly it really is they want to sell it!

7. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    He's a gunsmith (and Sheriff Detective) Green Co., Mo. (Springfield) ,Frank Duren.

8. Swissyankee

Swissyankee New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Call me a Homo, but I love it, a pink 3AT and I'd paid the asking price too if i could get it shipped over here.

9. jimwiggs

jimwiggs Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Cocoa, FL
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I have to agree with both points! I actually like that other pink picture that's been floating around here...the pink slide is too much and it's an ugly color. Being girly, I'm allowed to like the pink...
    but....
    although I've been slammed for this on another gun board, I consider having a gun to be one hell of a deterrent. I'd much rather see the BG run the other way than have to shoot. And I think something that appears to be a girls toy (either a low-powered weapon, or literally a toy) is not going to be a deterrent. If it was just for the range, I might be saving up the $$ to go for it, but my Kel Tec sure ain't a range gun.

11. He's a gunsmith (and Sheriff Detective) Green Co., Mo. (Springfield) ,Frank Duren.[/quote]

I emailed the seller and this is his reply:

"Internal polish, adjustment to trigger and re-set, trigger has been lightened. Frank is an accomplished gun smith and he is featured in several magazines, his work is very well known, in the industry. ...Rick "

12. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Now don't take this the wrong way, but.......
    I've had to pull a pistol in self defence before. Didn't have to pull the trigger (thank god).
    This experience was important in my decision to buy a firearm that could be carried 99% of the time.
    You see, I've had a CCW for over 20 yrs and I've carried either a 4" barreled revolver or a large auto forever, but not "all the time".
    When I couldn't carry a "big" gun I went without. After my "Incident", I started to look at things a little different. I'm convinced that I'm still alive only because I was "ready".
    I knew that I wanted to carry more often, and I wanted some thing that didn't require me to wear extra clothing to "cover up".
    After several recomendations, I turned to a P3-AT.
    My only concern is that some dirtbag will look at it and not be, for lack of a better term....intimidated.
    Having a firearm look like anything but a firearm seems dangerous to me.
    A P3AT is bad enough, but painting it pink???
    We all know that any firearm will, and can kill, but the way I see it, making it look "cute" is almost a 100% gaurentee that you'll have to drop the hammer. :-/

Bear in mind, This is just my opinion, and I'm new here.

Scott