Pictures of the girls

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rebootit, Apr 16, 2011.

1. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    Sporting new dresses and ready for the dance. Partners gun is now all black, it was green with blue barrel. Durabake on slide Duracoat on grip. Mine was always HC slide. Doing a durability test on the hydrographics so I replaced the grips and did 22k leaf on the spring. Different process than I used on the slide as it did not hold up to cleaners.
    [​IMG]

2. TinMan2

TinMan2 New Member

Apr 14, 2011
    You made me look ;)..............., with your subject line...........Mike P.S. Maybe I'm just old school but I'm not ready for a "blued" gun

3. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    I wouldn't feel right doing it to my more serious looking guns like my SD Smiths or 357 or any large frame gun. But these little guns are made for custom paint jobs IMO. The factories even send them out in different colors all the time. I have a few grips here and am going to do some different colors and patterns just for the fun of it. A lot of women for some reason don't feel intimidated by a "pretty" or "cute" gun and are more comfortable around them. My brothers wife who is anti-gun actually wanted to go shoot the blue one last night after seeing it. She said it didn't seem so evil looking that way and she would even consider owning one. Blew my brother away! He is going out looking for a KT for her for her birthday now and wants me to do one in light purple for her. I figure if I can change the mind of one person who feels threatened just by looking at a gun then I have made the world a better place. ;D

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Did she shoot the P3AT?  How did she react to it?  Especially for a non-gun-girl, he might consider the softer shooting P32 for her.  Unlike the P3AT, it has a slide lock and holds an extra round as well. It is very slightly smaller and lighter.  Cute little buggers too, especially when you doll them up.   :)

5. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    Great suggestion. I'm going to call him and let him know. She didn't get to shoot cause the range was closed when we got there and they left for Ky today. But I'm going to call and discuss it with him. He doesn't have to have it for a couple of months and can get and always mail me the grip to do.

6. tomdickandharry

tomdickandharry Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Orlando Fl
    Now if we can get it looking like a piece of carved maghogany, that would be cool!

7. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    Burl, rosewood, curly maple, you can do. As well as several straight grain woods. Also marble and brushed stainless and even diamond plate. The choices of patterns are huge. I have thought about doing my Bersa grip plates in rosewood. You can go from tasteful to straight up ghetto tacky with the stuff. Some may say the blue one achieves that look but I was going for as far out of the norm as I could. I didn't want to do the 100 dollar bills though but it is available. The process is very easy. I would say the majority of the people here that can do the simple fluff n buff could do it. Cost wise for 1 gun is pricey but if you wanted to do a few guns in different patterns the actual film is very reasonable and can be had on ebay in small lots. PS I am NOT an ebay seller of films and I am not looking to sell anything here.

8. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Here's my old gal's
    [​IMG]
    :)

9. MiamiE

MiamiE New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    These are all beautiful guns. I am considering this myself once Golden Loki gets my Keltecs.

10. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    I like that chocolate brown grip color. Looks sharp.

11. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Thank you, duracoat by Golden Loki, melted by me. How's the grip with the hydrographics, looks like it might be a little slick. Like the looks

12. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    The hydro has to be coated with a clear topcoat because the ink is not all that durable. If you screw up when printing you can get it off with a soft scrub sponge and dish soap. It is a mat finish but the flash makes it look much slicker than it really is. I was going to ask if that brown was a paint job but I thought I read that KT did a limited run of brown and you were one of the few who snagged one. I am thinking of ordering an extra slide and seeing how a melted 2nd gen turns out.

13. tomdickandharry

tomdickandharry Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Orlando Fl
    The factory brown is darker.

14. nmusti63

nmusti63 New Member

Apr 1, 2011
    That's pretty cool! I'm trying to get my wife to get her CWP and then get her a P3AT. If I could get one and have the grip painted pink, she'd be in heaven. I'm guessing if I went that route starting off with a gray grip would be easier to convert to pink?

15. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    Duracoat has a lot of pigment at least the darker colors do. I just finished a couple with purple for a friend that were black and didn't have a problem getting it to cover. They are going to look very nice with the purple and added gold flake and then printed in carbon fiber. But if you want to buy a new grip the grey does cover very nicely.

16. trekgod3

trekgod3 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Jupiter,FL
    Pics look great, nice work everyone

17. liltoy

liltoy New Member

Apr 24, 2011

No offense but the top one that you painted in high closs makes me think of those Cabra Arms guns and makes my stomach turn. I think that once I locate my new Chrome slide I will get my grip coated here locally with an Airman Battle uniform (ABU) pattern.

18. Holiday009

Holiday009 Guest

+1 on the chocolate brown look. I like it !

19. liltoy

liltoy New Member

Apr 24, 2011
    anyone know about that water transfer printing that you see at a lot of gun shoes? Is it durable

20. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    As long as the base coat and top coat are done right it is very durable. That how I did the carbon fiber look.