Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a p3at about a week ago. I didn't know just how small these things really were, I love it! for a person that has been carrying a p45 kahr in his pocket this is much better for light clothes and jogging. Serial JWTxx, Gun looks pretty darn good inside, no real rough areas except a hair dirty on the feedramp and barrel from the factory. A quick clean fixed that right up. I will admit I polished the feed ramp and chamber slightly with 600 grit to get a little shine to it.  Well it was off to the range today. I picked up a box of remington umc and a box of corbon dpx. the first 6 magazines went off without a hitch. I would shoot a magazine of remington and then throw in a few dpx in a row. The dpx performed flawlessly even after being dirty. the remington I believe caused 2 fte's because the chamber was very dirty after firing. 50 or so rounds. But the dpx didnt have one problem. Anyone else have trouble with remington? Next time out I will try wwb. But so far I love this little gun. And with dpx the ammo I carry it seems to be perfectly reliable.

any info for serial number JWTxx, like is it the newest update? Its a second gen obviously.

G

·
Welcom to Ktog P45.

My carry 3AT eats anythign I put in it.  But then a gain.... it took some work when it was new.

FLUFF AND BUFF, clean, lube with oil and grease, then shoot that thing like you stole it.

I do not trust an auto loader for SD purposes until SEVERAL hundred rounds down range with out hick-ups.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
First off welcome to the boards. The only thing through mine so far has been WWB and Corbon DPX. Not a bit of a problem. As stated above clean, lube, shoot...

John

·
Registered
305 Posts
Serial # JWT sounds pretty new. I have shot 162 rounds of various target and defensive ammo with zero problems. I did a thorough fluff and buff and baked Militec-1 on the slide components before I shot it though. You should at least polish the feed ramp, hammer and hammer interface.

·
Registered
96 Posts
#JRU -- right out of the box I've shot all of the following with no problems:
Remington umc
buffalo bore hollow points
federal hollow points
some locally reloaded ammo i picked up at a gun show
golden sabers
American eagle
and probably some others - I've been trying to test any different ammo as i can get my hands on for reliability (we'll and I like shooting)

i just picked up some wwb at Walmart but I expect my luck to continue -- 100% reliability thus far. I still have yet to see the corbon dpx anywhere locally near me

clean, lube, shoot, repeat, i do recommend field stripping for cleaning as after 50+ rounds it gets pretty dirty all over

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my new P3AT 3 days ago, i tested that same day and it became my office carry the next day, it has been in my pocket in a desantins nemesis pocket holster since then. I heard a lot of things about it, and i have to say that i was impressed with its performance a 10 times better of what i was expecting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.