Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used to have a Gen 1 (9mm) way back when people were swapping the factory front sight with the hi-point sight. Not sure if that is still popular. Anyway, I had issues with that one, and after a spent case got stuck on the feed ramp and the bolt smashed my thumb trying to get it out (yes it was my fault), I sent it back to Kel-Tec and they sent me a new gun. I never even tried it and just sold it.

After the Gen 2 came out I decided to get another one. But I wanted a Beretta mag version. Never could find one. After finding out about being able to swap the grip housing, and getting a Beretta housing from someone else, I decided that I would just get a Glock version and then I could make the change.

So, I picked up a new Glock version (9mm) today. Gave it a once over before taking it out to my range (on my land). The only "issue" during inspection was that the thread protector was loose. I tightened that up and went out back. I only shot at hanging 6" metal plates, but had about a 98% hit ratio without even touching the sights. I shot some factory Blazer ammo and then some of my lighter reloads. Put 200 rounds through it with zero issues.

I don't recall every feature of the Gen 1, but the Gen 2 rail is certainly nice as well as the adjustable stock (I don't recall if the Gen 1 could be moved). The threaded barrel is also a plus. And of course the new front sight. To me the trigger pull feels better than the Gen 1 I had. However, I never actually measured the Gen 1. This one is measuring a pretty consistent 7.5lbs with my Lyman digital gauge.

Just like the Gen 1, it needs a bolt tube pad (IMO). But I have not found anything else that jumps out at me as a negative.

I have not changed the grip housing yet. I will probably wait until I have a few thousand rounds through it before changing it. Not sure if I would want one of those trigger and/or spring upgrades, since the current trigger does not feel that bad at all to me.

Bottom line, I am glad I decided to give the Sub 2K a second chance.

Any suggestions on the best tube cover and the best carry case? I seem to recall having some case that Midway sold that was perfect for the Gen 1, but I see Kel-Tec also has a similar case now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I was looking for pretty much the smallest one that would work. I read people complaining that Kel-Tec one barely fits. As long as it fits the Gen 2 with the stock at it's fullest extension, that would be fine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.