Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, has anyone experienced, or had success with the CSM P50 Rear Pic Rail Adapter with any of the available picatinny braces? Examples:

1. A3 Tactical Modular Folding Arm Brace system for Picatinny rear mount

2. SB Tactical FS1913A Folding Pistol Stabilizing Brace

3. GEARHEAD WORKS 1913 (PICATINNY) FOLDING BRACE

Wondering how nicely they fold up to the receiver relative to the purpose designed Farrow.Tech KelTec P50 Side Folding Brace Adapter

Ref: BigFishLittleBoat's take on YouTube

Much love,
Captiva

·
Registered
334 Posts
I went with the Rehv Arms picatinny adapter, though I haven't purchased a brace for it yet. Not a fan of the Farrow Tech because you're tied to their product, and for the price, it wasn't worth it to me. Plus none of their braces looked good. The CSM was definitely worth considering, but it's also chunkier than the Rehv Arm adapter, and I thought it would get in the way of opening the gun. Probably won't, but that was my perception.

The reason I haven't bought a brace is I'm not done testing my P50 to determine if I'm keeping it. My first outing was not good. Only got one round off before the gun was inoperable and had to go back to Kel Tec. They fixed the problem and I've since run about 150 rounds through it without issue. But that's not enough for me. Also, given the current uncertainty behind what the ATF is going to announce regarding braces in the coming months has given me pause. So that, plus a desire to add a vertical grip is leading me to SBRing the gun instead. But it has to continue to be reliable before I shell out any further money.

Regardless of whether I go brace or SBR, I am going with a triangle shape brace/stock. This vid below shows the P50 with an SB Tactical AK triangle brace (14 min mark). Looks awesome, IMNSHO.

·
Registered
212 Posts
A note on the CSM rail adapter. When I received mine, it didn’t fit onto the P50 such that the replacement screws fed cleanly into the existing holes. I thought it was a defect, so I contacted CSM.
Turns out, it’s intended to not align perfectly - per the maker: the new screws are intended to start at an angle toward the rear, and self tap to straighten as they go in.
This ends up being a permanent modification to the receiver plastic. No idea if the original screws would go back in if it were removed, so I haven’t installed it yet. I’m on the notify list for the next run of the Rehv one… hopefully it doesn’t require similar permanent modification.

·
Registered
334 Posts
A note on the CSM rail adapter. When I received mine, it didn’t fit onto the P50 such that the replacement screws fed cleanly into the existing holes. I thought it was a defect, so I contacted CSM.
Turns out, it’s intended to not align perfectly - per the maker: the new screws are intended to start at an angle toward the rear, and self tap to straighten as they go in.
This ends up being a permanent modification to the receiver plastic. No idea if the original screws would go back in if it were removed, so I haven’t installed it yet. I’m on the notify list for the next run of the Rehv one… hopefully it doesn’t require similar permanent modification.
Don't bother waiting, they're in stock now. I was on their waitlist and never got an email. Then I noticed they were available, along with a slight price increase. But Rainier Arms has them for the original price.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The adapter from Rainier came in today. Gotta say, much more impressive than the CSM one.

Goes together easily, actually lines up with the screw holes, and is quite a bit more low profile. Also has more room around clamshell latch. It only weighs about 5 grams more, so in my opinion there’s no reason to go for the 3D printed CSM one over the aluminum Rehv one.

Now to decide on which stock to get. My form 1 shows approved now, so I’m hoping to have the stamp in hand in the near future.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

·
Registered
334 Posts
The adapter from Rainier came in today. Gotta say, much more impressive than the CSM one.

Goes together easily, actually lines up with the screw holes, and is quite a bit more low profile. Also has more room around clamshell latch. It only weighs about 5 grams more, so in my opinion there’s no reason to go for the 3D printed CSM one over the aluminum Rehv one.

Now to decide on which stock to get. My form 1 shows approved now, so I’m hoping to have the stamp in hand in the near future.

View attachment 57331

What did you put down for the OAL when you filed your Form 1? I'm leaning towards the Midwest Industries Side Folding Triangle AK Stock. I've seen a few SBR pics of the P50 with it on and it looks great.

·
Registered
212 Posts
What did you put down for the OAL when you filed your Form 1? I'm leaning towards the Midwest Industries Side Folding Triangle AK Stock. I've seen a few SBR pics of the P50 with it on and it looks great.
I actually just used the unmodified measurements. The most surprising thing for me (it’s my first stamp) was the paradox that in order to file the paperwork you need a precise length measure as an SBR, but it’s also illegal to have the stock that will be used with the pistol before you get the stamp approved, even unassembled… So my plan is to get the stamp and then buy the stock and file an amended length measure.

My current inclination is the Sig Minimalist folding stocks. The Midwest Industries options are interesting for sure. Priority for me will be that the folding mechanism lets it fold flat along the side, light weight, and an appropriate length of pull. Haven’t decided on that yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Can these variety of folding braces and connectors be legally owned and mounted to a P50 without any NFA paperwork? TIA
It needs to be designed, advertised, and sold as a brace. Be aware that the ATF has a fickle history with individual brace designs.

That said, A3 Tactical does sell brace options that utilize the same hinge and extension options as their stocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts