Phantom #115

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Cheez, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I have field stripped and cleaned the P3AT 4 times now and have yet to see the ejector part #115. The gun fires and functions flawlessly now and ejects the spent brass up and back between 20 and 30 feet behind where I am shooting. I know I did not lose the part as I do all work over a cloth on my table. I am really thinking it never had this part number 115. Any help here would be appreciated. BTW I have a new pistol.

2. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Scratch this guys. I found the "missing" ejector. This was really bugging me so I did some searching around and found a clear photo of the ejector and it's location. Mine is in the gun and will not come out. At least not by pulling on it with my fingers. I suppose KT found a way to captivate it to keep people from losing it.

3. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    That's good.
    Be careful, mine fell out when I least expected it to.
    Good thing I was in the house, found it on the floor beside me.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That's news to me but who knows? Is it really fixed in there?

5. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Mine is a tight fit but it will come out if you really pull on it. However, I know these little buggers can't "sneak" off and hide. As such, I keep an eye on it and always disassemble on gun cleaning pad I bought years ago. As long as I do it on the mat, I don't lose the parts when they do come out. I know it's still possible but so far so good.

6. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    yes, they will fall out when you got your back turned.

7. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    the last two i just got, never made it passed the kitchen table, before they grew legs and walked home...gpr

8. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    That's news to me but who knows?  Is it really fixed in there?
    [/quote]

Well I tried real hard to pull it out with my fingers and it never moved. I turned the frame upside down and tapped on it and the ejector still would not come out. I figured this was a good thing so I did not try to pry it out with any tools or anything. I will still keep an eye on it whenever I field strip the gun.

9. papajoe

papajoe New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Mine also has not moved , I have cleaned my p3at several times and it has never come out, should I try to take it out to clean it or should I leave well enough alone.

10. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    When I tore mine apart the other day it wouldnt come out either. I just figured I would leave it in there since KT figured a way to keep it there since there were tons of advise about it falling out.