Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I owned a PF9, I'd be excited to have a conversion kit to .22lr.

check it out over here: http://www.twistedindustries.net/products/

I hear they're planning to make one for the P3AT, sounds neat. cheap plinking is good for us coz .380 costs more than 9mm. would be great to hear from anybody who will be getting them when they're available.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ya....but.....it's $200...? it would take a while (for me) before it started to pay for itself in ammo savings..........

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
ya....but.....it's $200...? it would take a while (for me) before it started to pay for itself in ammo savings..........
I agree. I also see pros and cons. If I wanted to train with the exact platform but use cheaper ammo, it might be worth it. If I wanted to carry a .22 pistol in my pocket it would also be hard to beat the size/weight of the P3AT. That said, I can buy a comparably sized (not exact but comparable - although heavier), dedicated .22LR in something like a Phoenix, etc. and get a whole, new gun for less than the cost of a conversion kit. That would not only eliminate having to swap out between .380 and .22 on my P3AT but could also help avoid increased wear and tear on my P3AT frame, potentially increased wear on the frame rails (wear that would not match the wear pattern on the .380 slide), etc. from repeatedly shooting large amounts of .22 through it.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Neat idea but doesn't seem to be cost effective. I bought a Beretta 950BS in .22 short that I can pocket carry if I desire. I don't because I prefer the P3AT. The Beretta is fun as a "pop gun." I also have an Astra Cub in .22 short that really is a very small "pop gun" as well. They are fun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaargh. Sorry guys I didn't see the price tag on that conversion kit until this morning. Darn it, very pricy. Just double the cost and you've got a spiffy SIG 522 .22lr rifle (w/c will be my next acquisition this year)

@uncledub
I have a Beretta 21A Bobcat that is also fun to shoot. Its a .25 but is heavier than the P3AT that lives in my pocket.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You can pick up a nice Beretta 21a 22lr. for that price.:) If they were $100.00 I would buy the P3AT conversion kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts