Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing I don't like about my PF9 is I had to move the rear sight all the way to the right to get it sighted in at 10 yards. Does anybody have this same problem? I shot a friends PF9 with the same ammo and his shoots dead on with the rear sight centered on the gun.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Many times, new PF-9 shooters shoot left due to trigger finger placement, or milking the grip when they shoot, but you wrote that you're dead-on with your friend's PF-9, so it's possible that your slide/barrel match-up might be off.

While each of the individual parts are probably within specs, it's possible that the barrel could be at one end of the specs range and the slide at the opposite end of the specs range.

Did your friend shoot yours and have the same problem with it shooting left?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No he didn't shoot mine.I bought mine after shooting his. I can shoot 1 1/2groups with mine. it just shoots way left. I shot it this morning after putting a trigger in it last night. One 5 shot group was 1 1/4. it just look strange to see the sight so far to the right.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Give KT Service a call between 8A-2P Central time and they'll probably offer a Slide & Barrel swap (unless they want the entire pistol to fully test).

·
Registered
52 Posts
No he didn't shoot mine.I bought mine after shooting his. I can shoot 1 1/2groups with mine. it just shoots way left. I shot it this morning after putting a trigger in it last night. One 5 shot group was 1 1/4. it just look strange to see the sight so far to the right.
If I could shoot a 1 1/4 group at 10 yards, I'd never let the gun out of my sight no matter how it looked.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mine had always shot low left with every one that shot it. I made a shim to raise the rear sight and moved all the way to the right. It now shoots about 2 inches left at 15 yards using the sights. I can compensate that much.
I found that learning to point shoot has helped more than anything. For defensive purposes, if I can keep it anywhere inside the 8 ring (silhouette) at 15 yards that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talked to Kel-Tec today and they said to send the upper to them. it should take about 2 weeks is what they said.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1st time out I could barely get mine on the paper at 25 feet (minimum distance allowed at the range) all shots were way left. 2nd time out I put 150 rounds through it and I was much better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I shot about 300 rounds thru my PF9 before I sent it back.I ran out of right windage on the sight. I thought putting the new trigger in mite help even though its much smoother, but it didn't. I just looked funny when you looked down the sight and saw how far to the right it was.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine did this also. Customer service finally took care of me after a few calls and the the right person answering the phone. They swapped slides with me and it cured the problem. I took a closeup photo of my rear sight and found that it was mounted slightly off-center. The new slide they sent is dead-on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sent my PF9 back. UPS says they got it Wednesday morning. Now we will see how long it takes and what they do to fix it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My PF9 rear sight was set by a Olympic Champion shooter and gun shop owner. The weapon hit the target with the rear sight all the way to the right. KelTec replaced the slide and barrel. The turn-around time was 3 weeks. That fixed it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine was shooting left by about 3". I adjusted the rear sight all the way right but it did not make a difference. I am thinking maybe its my grip, I am going to try a revolver hold and see if that makes a difference. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Underdog I don't think the hold will make any difference. I thought putting the Northwood trigger in mine might help. It didn't, but what a difference in the trigger pull. I shot mine several times at my pistol club here in Dallas before sending back to Kel-Tec. I am sure Kel-Tec will make right. It just looks strange to look down the barrel and see the rear sight so far right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got an email from Kel-Tec saying they shipped my PF9 upper back to me today. They didn't say what they did. Hopefully I'll have by Friday to shoot it this weekend. They received it last Wednesday.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is your slide-frame loose on the front? Mine "rattled" (very common)...i.e. moved when I applied left-to-right and right-to-left pressure at the front of the slide, and I had the same off-center issue. There is a thread that addresses this fix (using a heating process) to tighten the polymer-to-metal tolerence "up front". I heated my frame as per the thread and adjusted appropriately...now my sights are centered and my rounds are dead-on target.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think mine rattled. I didn't notice it if it did. It should be here on Friday. Whats the name of the thread?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts