Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a PF9 at an auction. Trying to determine when it was built. Can anyone help Serial number on back is RKR##

This looks like a great board.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Welcome!!
Mine is RLJxx, which was built Feb 2010, so yours may have been built in Jan 2010.
If you call Customer Service, they'll look it up for you.

The late '09s-early '10s had little to no issues. Even though you're not the original owner, KT Service will supply you with any replacement parts you may need down the road for free... Just call them.

Replacing parts is a Very Easy DIY and replacing them yourself won't effect warranty.
If you ever need to send the entire gun in for service though, as a secondary owner they may charge you $45 to cover labor, but any/all parts replacement is still free (even slide/barrel replacement if needed).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. The owner indicated and the gun and case looks like it has never been fired. Glad to hear most of the issues I have read here about earlier editions were resolved. I have been trying to call, but circuits have been busy for an hour.

I appreciate the information.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
congats on the new gun and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought one today

Decided to get a PF-9 to augment my P3AT. Serial number is S5V** which I assume is a recent build.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Decided to get a PF-9 to augment my P3AT. Serial number is S5V** which I assume is a recent build.
If you bought it new from a dealer, it was probably built less than two Months ago. Unless you're LGS is out in the middle of nowhere, PF-9s don't stay on the shelves more than a few weeks. :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
We got s3's in around the end of Dec. Last chrome batch a couple of weeks ago were s5's They do not stay at the distributors more than a few days anymore. Lately they don't even show in inventory as the reps call and have them sold before they do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got my PF9 on a trade it does not look like it has been fired much at all serial # RBD85 any clue what that decipher's to? I looked at the formula for the 34 based whatever that was but I am just a simple old man and it lost me! Is there anything should be concerned about on this particular gun?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you bought it new from a dealer, it was probably built less than two Months ago. Unless you're LGS is out in the middle of nowhere, PF-9s don't stay on the shelves more than a few weeks. :)
This is so true bought mine in december last one on the shelf at my LGS was in a few weeks ago he told me cant keep them in stock said they were very popular. And mine is S30**

·
Registered
718 Posts
R series were last summer. Your gun is not quite a year old. Right before KT shut down for Christmas a couple of our distributors got 100+ pf9's in. By the first week of Jan they were gone. Since then the most I have seen in stock was 15. For the last 2 months they just call me and let me know they have 2 or 3 they can ship.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts