Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a laser or light on their PF9? If so, what kind, and do you carry it? There is room in an Uncle Mikes size 16 IWB holster for a slim light or laser if it's on the rail. The CT laser looks pretty good. What do you guys think about that one?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
IMO, if you are going to pick between the two the light is the more important. Chances are if you ever need your CCW it will be in low light and a light would be much more useful.

I have a S&W micro 90 and it's a great little light for the PF9. I have yet to find a holster that fits but I think Remora offers one that will work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I almost agree with CJP32. I agree that the micro90 S&W light is great if you are going to use the PF-9 for Home defense. For me, I have a 12ga shotgun with a 225 Lumen Light for home defense. For the PF-9 I chose the Crimson Trace laser thats activated when you grip the frame. Chances are in a threat situation the bad guy will be close and the laser will assist you with aiming. Secondly you can find a couple dozen holsers that fit the PF-9 + CT laser.

·
Registered
105 Posts
+1 on the CT laser. I have one on my PF9. It activates with a normal grip on the pistol. I think that's better than the type that has to be activated with your trigger finger before you shoot. I really don't think anyone would take the time to activate a laser or light in a self defense situation.

Things happen fast. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Does anybody have a laser or light on their PF9? If so, what kind, and do you carry it? There is room in an Uncle Mikes size 16 IWB holster for a slim light or laser if it's on the rail. The CT laser looks pretty good. What do you guys think about that one?
I like the CT, I have one on my P3at.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I have a rail mount laser, that I can swap between several pistols, but I only use it for Snap-Cap practice. I wouldn't waste time chasing a little red dot around in a self defense situation.

For home defense, where the pistol isn't going to be in a holster, a rail mounted light might serve you better. I agree with the S&W micro90. It's ambidextrous, with either constant on, or intermittent on capability.

With larger (Full-Sized) pistols, the instant on switches could be hard to reach, but with the PF-9 (or even my XDM9c), they're easy to tap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the LaserLyte CK-AMF9 on mine. I like a lot. It works with most holsters with out mods and it's easy to install and aim in. It works with a single button right where your finger lays naturally anyway and gives you a great rail to push up against for hand and finger positions.

Truth is however, that I don't expect to use it in a self defense scenario, I use is mostly for trigger practice at home.

Pic: http://cdn.thektog.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2885&stc=1&d=1332942221

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the CT on mine for a few days. After a tactical handgun training class I took it off. Battery pooped out on it after an hour of occasional use (I know it's not made for constant use). It's still cool. I'll put it back on when I get my Ti .22 conversion, for my son to use (he really thinks its cool) ... but when it goes back to being a CCW the neat stuff is removed and its back to bidnis.

MJ

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pocket puppies!!! Barks over here, bites over yonder!! Crimson trace on the PF-9 and P3AT. Remora holster for each. Works for me. Looks like big brother and lil' brother.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Another thought is the Streamlight TLR-4 that looks like it just came out. It's the TLR-3 with a laser added on. I have the -3 and it fits/works great! Finding a holster would be a little tougher.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, thanks guys! I like being able to get this kind of feedback from people about a product before I jump in head first. So it's between the CT and the LazerLyte and they both look good. Chances are I'll probably buy whichever I find first because both look like they will work with nearly any holster and both have good reputations.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the LaserLyte CK-AMF9 on mine. I like a lot. It works with most holsters with out mods and it's easy to install and aim in. It works with a single button right where your finger lays naturally anyway and gives you a great rail to push up against for hand and finger positions.

Truth is however, that I don't expect to use it in a self defense scenario, I use is mostly for trigger practice at home.

Pic: http://cdn.thektog.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2885&stc=1&d=1332942221
Do you remember where yours came from?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the Viridian Green on mine and I like it a lot. Had a Lasermax red on for awhile and liked it too.

Both fit fine in an Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The laser is more than the gun. Good for a sig, hk, springfield etc...but a PF9?

Just saying!
lol, hey I'm just showing you options. You can prioritize however you like.

That said, if it wasn't so expensive it'd be perfect. The laser and light wouldn't protrude so ridiculously far from the muzzle that a subcompact would be pointless.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts