Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a basic(inexpensive) iwb holster for my pf9, any suggestions? What number size is it for a uncle mikes or bulldog type? Thanks!

·
Registered
597 Posts

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
+1 for Remora, much much better than an Uncle Mikes or Bulldog.

Some of them can be used IWB and pocket and they have great customer service. I've asked several questions and they always respond quickly.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Out of all my holsters I tend to use the Remora most. I like the non reinforced mouth better because it conceals a little better and I'm not too concerned with speed of reholstering.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had Bulldog and Uncle Mikes. They're OK. I saw a holster on this forum that looked like black snake skin. It was the Remora. I have one for the P3AT and one for my PF-9. Reinforced top. It's great.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I like the non reinforced mouth better because it conceals a little better and I'm not too concerned with speed of reholstering.
Not for speed of reholstering...ease of reholstering.

I have a reinforced top and it conceals well with a bigger double stack Springfield XD9 SC

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not a fan of these cheap holsters. I know the PF9 is a budget gun, but at some point you reach the point of diminishing returns.

I have the Uncle Mike holster and it begins to fold on itself after only a few uses. It also migrates quite a bit while you're wearing it, and the clip is made of crappy plastic, so it doesn't have a firm hold on your belt.

If you really want something that will stay put, stay together, and safely hold your firearm, I'd consider spending a little more on a decent holster.

You can get a De Santis Pocket-Tuk (works in the pocket or IWB) for $20.
De Santis Sof-Tuck (adjustable cant) for $27.

Or if you want a much better holster, you can get a Theis hybrid holster for $55. This one has two points of contact to keep it where you want it, and it uses both leather and kydex for comfort and speed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not a fan of these cheap holsters. I know the PF9 is a budget gun, but at some point you reach the point of diminishing returns.

I have the Uncle Mike holster and it begins to fold on itself after only a few uses. It also migrates quite a bit while you're wearing it, and the clip is made of crappy plastic, so it doesn't have a firm hold on your belt.

If you really want something that will stay put, stay together, and safely hold your firearm, I'd consider spending a little more on a decent holster.

You can get a De Santis Pocket-Tuk (works in the pocket or IWB) for $20.
De Santis Sof-Tuck (adjustable cant) for $27.

Or if you want a much better holster, you can get a Theis hybrid holster for $55. This one has two points of contact to keep it where you want it, and it uses both leather and kydex for comfort and speed.
I agree. A good holster goes a long way. I don't like cheap holsters for any gun. Spend a little more on a good holster and you'll be glad you did. I have no experience with Remora but Uncle Mikes and Bulldogs are junk.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Not for speed of reholstering...ease of reholstering.

I have a reinforced top and it conceals well with a bigger double stack Springfield XD9 SC
Sorry, with speed or ease of reholstering. I generally only holster once or twice a day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After 30 years of carrying concealed I switched to Remora about a year ago. It does the opposite of what other holsters do. Most holsters are held up by your pants and belt. Remora (no kidding, this is not a joke) holds not only the gun but it holds your pants up!!!

Not easy to reholster but ... if you are not going to use it, you should not pull it.

Remora (named after the sucker fish that cling to sharks) is in Miame close to KelTec.

·
Registered
597 Posts
CroceF:

Did you get the re-enforced top? That helps a lot with re-holstering...IMO

·
Registered
299 Posts
Have you considered the kel tec belt clip? IMHO it is a great choice for the light weight pf 9. I can carry all day with it at 3 o'clock clipped to my waistband.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ole, no, I do not have the reinforced top. I am not concerned with reholstering. Only with concealability, access and draw ability. The non reinforced top model offers greater concealability and will not print under a light summer weight garment.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So, I know it's expensive, but my White Hat holster finally came in, and it's amazing.

Ever since I got the PF-9 I thought somehow it was still too big to conceal. The Uncle Mike's holster printed in just about everything I wore. I had to wear it at a 5 o'clock position just to get the blatantly obvious printing to go away. 3 o'clock was entirely out of the question unless I wore a jacket or vest.

Now, with the White Hat, I'm wearing it at the 3 o'clock position and it's 90% invisible to me, and 100% invisible to my girlfriend. So, I'm just throwing this out there, but it was worth every single penny. Not to mention, I will be able to replace the Kydex whenever I upgrade to another gun (next gen PF-9, maybe a M&P Shield, etc) without having to buy an entirely new holster.

Weigh your options. You might spends $30 on a holster that will get you by, but you may still have problems with concealment. Whereas you can get a hybrid for $55-$70 and be completely satisfied. If the $30 holster works, awesome, you saved money. If not, you're out $30 and you'll have to spend even more down the road.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like the deSantis pocket tuk worn at 4 o clock, however I do also have and use the Uncle Mike's size one IWB for my PF 9. I also used the Uncle Mike's for my P 11 when I carried that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am going to go with the desantis sof tuk for now, good value and brand. I think it will do the trick for what I need with the pf9.
I use the white hat brand with my glocks and have no issues hiding a full size g17 iwb with a tshirt.
I don't see using the pf9 in a pocket holster, I have a lcp for that function.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts