Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got back my PF9 after a month. Third time turned in for service. No change. I'm actually shocked, didn't call KT yet, because I need to cool off first!

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
No change in what? Turned in for service why? Why do ya need to cool off? A little more info please.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turned in 3 times for fail to eject... Cool off because this is just unsat. Been through the whole gamut with this thing... Different Ammo, not limp wrist, fluff buff, replaced ejector, etc.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Huh, Kel Tec techs fire the pistols...put a couple of mags through...before sending them back. Maybe you need to call and ask for the tech...see what they have to say.

Sometimes Kel Tecs ain't for everyone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh, Kel Tec techs fire the pistols...put a couple of mags through...before sending them back. Maybe you need to call and ask for the tech...see what they have to say.

Sometimes Kel Tecs ain't for everyone.
Hard to disagree with you on that... Do need to call, knowing myself have to wait a bit so it is a productive call. Heck, waited 3-4'days to just post on here. BL is that I have a p11, 380, 32... No stranger to KT, I feel like I got a lemon. Fair or not, it's how I feel. Everyone that shoot it has the same problems. Anyway, planning on asking tech what ammo they use. That's the only thing I can think of. If that doesn't work planning on just sending back. This has to kill their profit margin, but not sure what else I can do. Even ran into a
Guy w a pf9 two weeks ago... I didn't have any trouble with his... What's left?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Ted you sure have patience, I got #1 post, every word. But I couldn't handle 3 times no matter what issue...I think you deserve a new pistol now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
There are lemons. My first PF9, which I returned to KelTec and received a refund on, could not go through a magazine w/o a FTF or FTE. That was with all sorts of factory ammo. A bummer! My second PF9, purchased four months ago, is extremely reliable. No problems. I have about 620 rounds through it, 95% were reloads.

I have not done a fluff and buff on the new PF9, just keep it clean and well lubed/greased. Have added Pops' trigger and a Hogue grip.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hate to say this but we all assume that Kel Tec fires the weapons before returning, but from the posts I seen about weapons coming back and still not working leads me to believe that maybe they are not test firing the weapons as much as we would all like to believe. I think they are overwhelmed and can not keep up and CQ is falling by the wayside Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
88 Posts
WOW! Nothing worse than a weapon that doesnt function as it should. My pf9 wasnt functioning as it should at the beginning, however a F&B and blue loctite on the screw was just what the doc orderer. I understand ur frustrations, ur willingness to stick with the pf9 says you have ALOT of patience.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just a thought, after reading about how other members have fixed extraction proplems by filing down the extractor and how everyone has issues with WWB, I wounder what type of ammo Kel Tec uses to test the weapons? Maybe when you contact them you should ask what type of ammo they use and buy some and try it to see how your weapon performs.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Kel Tec will use whatever you want to test fire your pistol. They get ammo in by the pallet load...dozens and dozens of brands, types, weights, calibers. If you ask, they will test fire your pistol with basically any round you choose.

If you don't ask, I'm not sure what they use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ted ----

mine is in for the 2nd repair right now. Was told 1 week turn around. Nope--still not here.

3rd times a charm-- i will demand a refund or sell it.

Why havent they fixed the issues / design at this stage of the game ?????????

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got around to calling today... More of my strange working hours than anything in the delay...

One thing for certain, they are awesome on the phone... Offered refund, or full rebuild... It's easy to complain with three repairs... They make it hard with great customer service. I'm afraid if they don't fix it this time I'll take the refund, but I certainly hope they'll get it right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome on the phone ??

I talked to SEAN at KelTec before i sent my slide in and he said " i know what the problem is--just send in the slide and i will get it back out in a week" .

I swear to Science that is what he said.

They got my slide on 4-2-12 .

Today is 4-24-12 .

I have not got my slide back.

NOT F'N HAPPY RIGHT NOW WITH KELTEC OR THE PF9

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
493dart, press 7 when you call. If they tell me a part will be back to my house in 10 days, I call on the 7th day for any company,,, not just keltec. Sounds like you need to get on the ball.

I have several emails from keltec employees. HELL, I just sent them photos yesterday of CCR work I had done. I talk regular. Don't set around wishing, get your public relations together.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After all my calls...I know which button to press...Its not me.Ive tried to call several times.Maybe you have time to sit on hold all day-- I dont.Ive also sent several emails.

As I type this Im on hold with Keltec again.

I shouldnt have to call repeatedly when I was told 1 week turnaround (by Sean).They have had my slide for 23 days now.

Edit-- They cant find my slide...........this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
what # did u press?

why do u wait for 20 days without chewing on there a$$?

You said your wait is on a slide, well call em . That sure is a back order on slides.I would be calling em. If they said they are back ordered then I would be happy..

I have never had problem with phone call to KT. Sorry,,,I don't get it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts