PF9 and P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by blktie8, Nov 7, 2009.

1. blktie8

blktie8 New Member

Aug 9, 2009
    I have the PF9
    Yesterday at the range a fellow CCW was there with her P3AT

We exchanged guns for a run

The PF9 has been flawless with me and fires anything I put in it
    I have been shooting a long rime.
    With her it failed to feed and acted like a double feed
    I didn't see it her Dad cleared my PF9

Limp wrist (I Guess)

I am older than her dad (LOL)

My question the bran new P3AT did not lock open on last round is this NORMAL?

John Sr.
    PF9 Forum

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    The P3AT does NOT have a slide lock

the P32 does have a slide lock for empty magazine

So limp wristing is real ;)

3. blktie8

blktie8 New Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Great
    Thanks
    Yes this is the first time my gun acted like that
    The serial Number is a later Model RGB
    Not a single problem in 300 rnds

I did like the P3AT
    I was suprised When the slide didn't lock open

Her gun shot flawless also

John Sr.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I have not had the oppurtunity to see or hold a PF9, but the P3AT (and P32) are a good pocket carry size.

everyone has there opinions and mine is, the fewer parts the better and thus I have a preferance to the P3AT. It only has the parts to fire and reload

5. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    JFB you would really like the PF9 I think. Mine was a great gun and I should never have sold it.

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Don't be silly. There is no such thing as limp wristing. It's just an excuse made up by supporters of crappy POS guns. Just ask any number of macho commandos that show up from time to time and can't get 2 mags through their PF9 or P3AT without a FTF. Now, they have been shooting millions of rounds through hundreds of guns for scores of years... Plus they didn't limp wrist it because they had a tight grip on the gun... Now if KT just had some quality control... ::) :D ;D

7. blktie8

blktie8 New Member

Aug 9, 2009

Don't be silly.  There is no such thing as limp wristing.  It's just an excuse made up by supporters of crappy POS guns.  Just ask any number of macho commandos that show up from time to time and can't get 2 mags through their PF9 or P3AT without a FTF.  Now, they have been shooting millions of rounds through hundreds of guns for scores of years...  Plus they didn't limp wrist it because they had a tight grip on the gun...  Now if KT just had some quality control...  ::)  :D  ;D
    [/quote]

Geez
    Yep No such thing just ask all the buyers of bad guns
    They are on every forum.

JWSR

8. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    The PF9 is like a large P3AT.
    The PF9 is not much different in size from the P11. It is just a tad lighter, and just a tad thinner, but about the same dimensions. If you have a P11, but don't have a PF9, you really aren't missing much. But, the PF9 does have the lighter, smoother trigger of the P3AT.

Here's a comparison photo of the three guns:

[​IMG]