Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like we hear about every PF-9 that has a problem here.

I'm guessing I've put seven or eight hundred rounds through mine so far, even including some Tula steel, some hot NATO stuff, and some of my fairly anemic handloads. It ate then all. Not one hiccup... ever.

How many of us can claim to own a PF-9 that has never malfunctioned?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It seems like we hear about every PF-9 that has a problem here.

I'm guessing I've put seven or eight hundred rounds through mine so far, even including some Tula steel, some hot NATO stuff, and some of my fairly anemic handloads. It ate then all. Not one hiccup... ever.

How many of us can claim to own a PF-9 that has never malfunctioned?
i like this thread uve started. here recently ive started really considering picking up a PF9. i own a several hi powered rifles.. and the only handgun i own is a Hi Point C9. i love my C9.. great gun.. but definitly want to start expanding my handgun collection(hopefully future arsenal lol).

i really like the looks of the PF9. i have a KT Sub2k .40sw and have really good experience with it. also really like the fact Kel Tecs are USA made! so im hopin i hear some good reviews.. cus either way.. im prolly goin to get one

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had over 1000 through my PF9 without an issue but only after I eliminated the problem ammo namely the WWB value packs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
So far as can be determined (by non Kel Tec employees), the vast majority of PF-9s run and operate just fine. As has been explained many times, those coming to and posting on KTOG represent owners who come to ask advice, complain, tell of their troubles, and the like. Generally speaking, those who have had no problems don't go to forums, don't post their experiences, and don't tell of their successes. So here you hear mostly the problems, which paints a very misleading picture if that is your main source of information on PF-9 reliability or quality. I would venture to guess (based on and extrapolating from KTOG membership numbers and the number of problems reported) that fewer than 1 percent, and possibly far fewer, of PF-9s have problems. Given the total numbers of PF-9s sold (likely more than a 100,000 by now) that could mean as many as 1000 problem pistols of course-certainly a lot in raw numbers, but really a tiny fraction of those in use.

Jim R

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had over 1000 through my PF9 without an issue but only after I eliminated the problem ammo namely the WWB value packs. :rolleyes:
yeah i hear alot of guns dont like the winchester white box. i kno over on the HP forum.. C9 owners have tons of probs with that particular ammo. ive never tried the wwb in my c9.. put tons of remington and speer thru it tho and it loves those.
anyway.. not tryin to change the subj over to HP. but im def wanting the PF9 and would like to see even more positive responses ya kno. either way tho

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I own two PF9's that are 100% reliable as long as I don't shoot 147g ammo. My first one shot 250 rounds the first range trip with no failures.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Ya know, mine loves 147gr. ammo. No problems with cheapo WWB stuff either. Never had any trouble with any ammo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
100 so far and counting. Will put another 100 on Saturday. I believe that PF-9 gets a little more scrutiny because it IS the lightest 9mm and one of the cheapest 9mm that you can truly carry. There are a lot of people who envy a lot of things about this little gun. All the reasons that we all bought it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those are some impressive numbers. As a whiner I was attracted to the forum, but now I am an active member and I visit everyday because of what I can learn. Lots of good info and photos. And it is a great gun.

·
Registered
271 Posts
400+ rounds, and the only problem was ~10 fail to fires from Tula ammo, and a few FTFs on same. ALL other ammo has been without any problems.

·
Registered
37 Posts
went for 300 with only a little bit of peening so i was proactive and sent it back to KT. When i got it back went through 200 and only had 3 failures to eject but that could been a dirty gun or me limpwristing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
About 200 rounds - all my own reloads - nary a hiccup.

Purchased new - 2/22/2012

(I know, same pic, but I think it's a great one!)

Definition of NARY
: not any : not one <I must have it back as I have nary other copy>

·
Registered
517 Posts
About 600+ rounds through mine, had about a half dozen FTE'S with ONLY one brand of cheap Hungarian made ammo. Not my PF9's fault, we had FTE'S with the same ammo in my Ruger P95 and my wife's Bersa 380. I still have a half box of that crappy ammo and I really don't want it in my guns, it was very dirty stuff...:mad:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great Thread - In general Forums are about "issues and overcoming them", this is a nice change of pace.

So.. my .02¢ I Love my PF-9 .. Not one issue with it. No FTE, No FTL, and I've been running Speer Gold Dot 124gr and some bulk junk from the show's. I've got over 1100 through her since March. I have not had as much fun with a handgun since I got my 1911.

WTG Kel-Tec!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kudos on the thread idea my fellow KTOG friend. I know I believe I am just finishing the break in stages but I have about 150 rounds of Tula Ammo steel case shells through my PF-9 with just 2 FTEs in the first 10 rounds that I believe were a result of my shooting i.e. limpwristing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had mine about 4 years now with only 150 rounds but not one problem.

EDIT: I've use Federal, Winchester, Remington, and some steel cased ammo without problems.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts