PF-9

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Don Davison, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Don Davison

Don Davison Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Check'n in. I have had my PF-9 for about 2 or 3 years now but have only put a few hundred rounds through it. For the size & weight it seems the best in it's class. I am far from being expert with it, have had trouble-free service from it. I bought it from a small dealer at a gun show at "new", & impressed with workmanship. This year I read some of the problems others were having, & decided to look deeper than field stripping, & give it a good cleaning & possibly polishing for smoother operation. I will have more to write in other posts. Thanks for reading, & accepting me into the group.

2. Don Davison

Don Davison Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Howdy again. Regarding a PF-9, because of it's size, I believe at least dome owners are carrying it for backup, or because it is easy to put into your pocket, but if any owners have a preference for holster, & a pic of one being used, please post a reply & pic if available. I have considered a clip the attached to the slide, but prefer a means to o keep it from becoming detached from the belt or jacket pocket, etc. Belly bands of nylon or rubber???
    Going into a restaurant, & taking off a jacket may put the place into alarm.
    Thanks.

3. mtn_chef

mtn_chef Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    nc mountains
    Don welcome to the ktog. Glad to hear you choose the PF9. The beauty of the Pf9 design is it's blend of ideal size/shape/weight vrs readily available fire power. It's not the most amazing gun to shoot all day, but it's as accurate as you can be. It's shape and size and weight make it ideal for all day carry. How you choose to carry is relevant to what you're doing and body shape. I'm a 6 foot, 200-ish guy. I like to carry IWB at 4 oclock. For me - at my last place of work I carried there or in my back right pocket. Both places I could accomplish a functional draw and put rounds on target. However you decide to carry, practice. Buy the snap caps, spend some money on a couple of holsters and figure out where you are most likely and hopefully never going to need to pull the PF9. Are you in a car all the time? Is this something locked up while at work and then you're strapping on for your commute home. Are you gonna carry all day while working a sales floor?
    I like several holsters for my PF9 and switch them based on season and activity.
    A remora sticky holster is what I prefer and go to; inside waist band carry when I want easy on and off, and comfort. I have a real comfy leather holster that I'll wear when its cold out and I've a fleece or the untucked button down w T-shirt. I have another pocket holster for when I pocket carry. There's also another 5 holsters I've tried and either given away, traded or are still collecting dust in the gun closet.
    As for the pistol, shoot it as much you can stand, I recommend some of those mechanics gloves to keep from beating your hands up. I like putting 115 grain HP's in mine.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Don Davison likes this.
  4. Don Davison

Don Davison Member

Oct 21, 2019

5. Don Davison

Don Davison Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Tnks, mtn_chef . My intent for the PF9 was for time off work. I often don't carry, because I can't adequately conceal with different attire, & recognize possible threat, but don't want to draw attention. I have others for vehicles, & can lock bigger ones in gun case in a locked car until I return to vehicle. You & I are about the same stature 6' & 200-240 lb, middle age waistline. I appreciate your comments.

6. samrathod

samrathod Member

Aug 14, 2020