Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ran across this vid while looking at some gun vids
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w09pMVL-6XQ[/ame]

The guy in the vid did not say how many rounds he has put through the gun or how often he cleans/checks his guns etc etc

IMO he was basically talking bad about he product that he probably knows very little about

He says he is going to get it fixed and sell it, so there`s a good deal for someone that is looking for one just back from KT

Just thought I would share it with everyone

After only a little searching, It just so happens the guy is a member here, he joined 1 year and 2 months ago, he has 3 posts all on the same thread that he made

I guess he has not been back

·
Registered
272 Posts
Having your firing pin fall out would make anyone upset. He wasn't talking bad about kel tec, all he said was he had a reliable pf9 and then parts fell out at his last trip.

Everytime anyone tries to express their feelings about a kel tec product they're either trolls or trashing kel tec. It's a public forum that we preach our second amendment on. Has anyone heard of freedom of speech ? It's in the Constitution, look it up.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
It's a public forum that we preach our second amendment on. Has anyone heard of freedom of speech ? It's in the Constitution, look it up.
If the underlined sentence is about freedom of speech... That's the 1st Amendment. 2nd Amendment is Right to Keep and Bear Arms. ;)

If anyone wants a bit more info and discussion about the video, the guy's a member over on XD-Talk and posted this thread about the video.
Range Report - Springs came flying out of my PF-9

·
Registered
589 Posts
Having your firing pin fall out would make anyone upset. He wasn't talking bad about kel tec, all he said was he had a reliable pf9 and then parts fell out at his last trip.

Everytime anyone tries to express their feelings about a kel tec product they're either trolls or trashing kel tec. It's a public forum that we preach our second amendment on. Has anyone heard of freedom of speech ? It's in the Constitution, look it up.
+1, Amen, discontent does not have to rise to the level of distane, I can be unhappy that the water Pump seal needed changed at 12k miles but still love my Ram truck.

I love Kel Tec products but I'm not going to paint sunshine and loli pops if one messes up through no fault of my own.

Being honest while maintaining respect relative to the problem only serves to solve problems.

I would buy this guys Kel Tec PF9 in a minute, but I would also advise him that a simple adjustment or a new Frankenbolt could fix his problem and save him as well as KT the time and the expense of mailing it back for a simple repair. And I can understand his fustrations

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nothing wrong with speaking one`s opinion but the guy gave nothing except

Hey look guys, der.... my gun fell apart... ya think :rolleyes:

The first thing he did when he got home was make a vid about it... It is obvious to me that the guy was doing his best to make the product look bad

I didnt see a vid from him looking for a reason as to why his gun fell apart or how to fix it

NO... he did just what some of you said he was not doing

He was trying to make a product look bad that he is clueless about

·
Registered
60 Posts
There's quite a few of us that have experienced this (even long time Kel-Tec owners such as myself). Having a firing pin come flying out is a big deal even to those of us that know what the part is.

It's an easily fixed problem, but if you don't know what it is or what caused it you may be exactly like this guy.

He didn't really trash the product and I can understand someone losing confidence in the product when something like this happens.

I hope that someone that understands this problem got a good deal. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts