pf-9 recoil vs P3AT +P recoil

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Mabbus4, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Mabbus4

Mabbus4 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Hey still trying to decided on which one of these pistols to pocket carry.  My question is for those who own or have have shoot both pistols. Which has more recoil.  

A pf-9 with standard HP rounds  or a P3AT with +P HP rounds like the corbon.  

Im down to comparing the smallest of things between the two now.  Its also good info if the wife ever wants one.  Thanks

You can have a 2nd answer if your answer changes depending on if the handle has a aftermarket grip on it. but please make it known.

2. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I think the only +P rounds in 380 are made by Buffalo Bore. I never tried them because in my opinion they are just to hot . Comparing the P3AT with regular 380 and the PF9 with standard pressure loads the 9mm seems to have more recoil to me. I also did not find much of a difference in recoil between the standard pressure and +P loads in the PF9.

3. wild_cat_mccane

wild_cat_mccane Banned

Sep 28, 2007
    the pf9 has worse recoil. BY FAR.

i didn't notice a thing different between +p and normal pressure on the 9mm.

p3at just hurts because its small. pf9 hurts because its small and hits YOU hard.

hate the stupid pf9, have to switch the hand grip everytime I shot it because of the smack back.

Every single 40 I have shot has had better recoil then the pf9. (taurus pt140 and kahr pm40 (just as small as the pf9 (actually smaller)))

4. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I have both the PF9 and the P3AT. I have a handal jr. grip on my PF9 and nothing on the P3AT. I like both pistols, but I prefer the PF9, the recoil seems to me to be about the same. The PF9 is a little bigger, and a little more wt. and I think that compensates for the recoil, both guns are very nice. Let me forewarn you, if you buy one, you will probably end up with both.

CK

5. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I have to agree with cubriver, I prefer the PF9 to my P3AT. It seems the more I shot my PF9 the less the recoil bothered me and the more accurate I was with it. The gun is not a range gun so I never shot more than 100 rounds in a session.

6. [highlight]No such thing as .380 +P.[/highlight] It is just sales hype.

My SD round for my 3AT is CorBon DPX.

I tend to carry as big as I can conceal reasonably well, which is usually a G27.

7. shep854

shep854 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    After owning a P11, then PF9, the P3AT is a kitten. I thought it would be tough due to its small size, but I easily shot one as well as the PF9. Also, after shooting one, I want a P3AT!

8. markboss

markboss New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    The PF9 has more recoil than the P3at...
    After a couple of hundred rounds, neither one bothers me...
    Just have to get used to shooting them...

I tend to carry the P3at everywhere I go...never leave home without it!!!!

9. forestranger

forestranger Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    With Handall Jrs and a little sanding on both, I love shooting both of em. Carry PF9 much more due to confidence in 9mm+p vs 380 as opposed to any difference in recoil or reliability. :)