Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

261 - 280 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
PF9 bought last week.

Used but like new in the box from a local gun store...

New PF9s are hard to find right now...

Paid 209.00 for it...

Serial number is SCxxx which dates it to Sept. 2012...

Hard chrome slide and barrel on a black frame...

Put 50 rds of assorted steel and brass case FMJ and HP thru it with no problems...

·
Registered
230 Posts
-- New or used: Used
-- Where purchased: 22three, Lebanon (LGS)
-- When purchased: 5/16/16
-- Serial number range: SWL**
-- Slide/barrel finish: Blued/Black
-- Grip finish: ?? Factory, Black, Large squares
-- Marked price: $219.99
-- Paid price: $210 + tax. $224.18 OTD

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy checking in.

I e-mailed Palmetto State Armory to see when they might have some more in stock. They tell me "the customer service department is not notified of any upcoming inventory changes in advance". Great....Yeah I'm on their notifications list for when ever they do come in. That's a screaming deal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
-- Where purchased: Gunbroker.com
-- When purchased: 12/3/16
-- Serial number range: Don'the know yet auction just ended
-- Slide/barrel finish: Black
-- Grip finish: OD Green
-- Marked price: $249.99
-- Paid price: $249.99

Had crimson trace laser attached so I couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
-- New or used: New
-- Where purchased: Gunbroker.com
-- When purchased: 01/23/2017
-- Serial number range: Don'the know yet auction just ended
-- Slide/barrel finish: Black
-- Grip finish: Gray
-- Marked price: $.01
-- Paid price: $205.00 + $20 shipping. No CC fees.

·
Registered
4 Posts
-- Where purchased: Red Dot (Rockledge, FL)
-- When purchased: 4 March 2017
-- Serial number range:
-- Slide/barrel finish Black
-- Grip finish Grey
-- Marked price: $265
-- Paid price: $265

·
Registered
1 Posts
New or useful: New
Where purchased: Keystone Guns, Carlisle Pa
When: 4/7/17
SER# SM
Billfold Brown
Marked Price: Unknown
Paid: 250
Note: I called Kel-Tec and they told me that it was mfg. 09/13. So they had it for a while

·
Registered
49 Posts
-- Where purchased: TN Gun Country, Clarksville TN
-- When purchased: 2 weeks ago
-- Serial number range: SYD
-- Slide/barrel finish Black
-- Grip finish Black
-- Marked price: $278
-- Paid price: $251

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, I'll start:

-- Where purchased: SAXET Gunshow, Central Tx
-- When purchased: 10/4/09
-- Serial number range: RHL##
-- Slide/barrel finish: Hard Chrome
-- Grip finish: Navy Blue
-- Marked price: $289.
-- Paid price: $289. + tax

At the time, PF9s were in very short supply. A dealer with whom I had never done business had this pistol. The price was fair. That he would not budge on his price did not bother me, as I was ectatic to find the Hard Chrome over Navy model, which of course is no longer available.

Before its maiden voyage, I cleaned and lubed the gun, and of course that is repeated every time the gun is fired. It has not had a fluff & buff or any polishing. The fit and finish on this pistol was very good.

At about 750 rounds, it has been flawless to date, and has functioned perfectly with the following ammo: 115 grain FMJ - Fiocchi, Monarc, Blazer Brass, and even the often nefarious Win White Box + 115 gr JHP (standard pressure) - Speer Gold Dot, which accounts for about 1/4 of the ammo that's gone down the tube, and about all it ever sees now. :cool:

One of the lightest and flattest 9mm pistols ever made, the PF-9™ is also one of the most concealable. This semi-automatic has a double action only firing mechanism, with an automatic hammer-lock safety. Developed from our highly successful P-11™ and P-3AT™ pistols, it retains many of their best features. Of course, as concealable as the PF-9 is, others won’t see them. MSRP: $356.36

·
Registered
6 Posts
-- Where purchased: Monroe, Ohio
-- When purchased: April 2018
-- Serial number range: RAE97
-- Slide/barrel finish: Black/Steel
-- Grip finish: Black with Sleeve
-- Marked price: $300
-- Paid price: $250

Bought from a private seller at a used gun store. I know I overpaid a bit but that's okay. Since I bought it I've added a new recoil rod/spring, mag release and new takedown pin. I've purchased three other mags including the extended +1.

·
Registered
8 Posts
-- New or used: Used, Consignment local shop
-- Where purchased: Wentzville Mo.
-- When purchased: Sept. 2017
-- Serial number range: SR5XX
-- Slide/barrel finish: Black/Steel
-- Grip finish: Black with Sleeve
-- Marked price: $200
-- Paid price: $200 OTD
--Came with mag ext.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just bought one brand new for $169.99 from Sportsmans Guide + $15 Transfer Fee. Blue/Black, One Mag SN: RR0Mxx

IMHO Instead of caving on the price, I wish Keltec would update the gun instead to better compete. I would have rather paid $100 more if they would upgrade the trigger group to Striker Fired, thus shortening the trigger pull and satisfying the number one complaint, then move to removable or go ahead and include fiber optic sights to get rid of the second most common thing wanted on the owners forum, and include a second mag with the +1 extension already installed competing directly with the Shield that comes with both mags, one ups the LC9s that has removable/upgradeable sights and is clearly worth more at retail than the EC9s that has fixed sights and no second mag).

I think the switch to a striker fired trigger would also allow them to bring the back of the slide down at a sharper angle and shorten the beaver tail, slightly reducing overall length and weight (picture the rear of a DB9), tightening the weight competition with DiamondBack and furthering the already considerable weight difference with the Rugers and Shield.

Oh, one more thing that goes almost without saying, Be sure to keep the accessory rail.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some of our gunboards seem to have a thread like this, the PF9 board didn't. Obviously the PF-9 is a very hot seller these days and a lot of new folks here doing research would probably like to see this information.

For continuity, please select and copy the template below.
Then paste it into your reply.

Beyond that, you can add any information you like below that field.

-- New or used:
-- Where purchased:
-- When purchased:
-- Serial number range:
-- Slide/barrel finish
-- Grip finish
-- Marked price:
-- Paid price:

* To keep this a good, fast resource, please, no replies other than from purchasers. I you have a question for a poster, please send a PM or start another thread, if appropriate.

THANKS!
TxCajun :cool:

ordered mine new from sportsman's guide
ordered wed, November 14
serial # RR0xxx
black on black slide and frame
advertised $189.99
paid $160 and some change after a 30 day guide gear free trial and a $20 off coupon pluse $30 transfer fee
cyber monday had them at $169.99 before any discount, and is current as of 11/27/18

·
Registered
3 Posts
-- Where purchased: Dunham’s
-- When purchased: 12/03/18
-- Serial number range: RR0XXX
-- Slide/barrel finish: Parkerized
-- Grip finish: Black
-- Marked price: $199.99
-- Paid price: $199.99

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just bought one brand new for $169.99 from Sportsmans Guide + $15 Transfer Fee. Blue/Black, One Mag SN: RR0Mxx

I think the switch to a striker fired trigger would also allow them to bring the back of the slide down at a sharper angle and shorten the beaver tail, slightly reducing overall length and weight (picture the rear of a DB9), tightening the weight competition with DiamondBack and furthering the already considerable weight difference with the Rugers and Shield.

Oh, one more thing that goes almost without saying, Be sure to keep the accessory rail.

The back is sloped like that for a snag-free draw from a pocket. My PM9 has the square back you speak of and it is a problem in comparison...Tom
IMG_3710.JPG

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Duncan's in North Wilksboro, NC had a PF-9 in the case for $219
I imagine cash would get it out the door a little better than that.
Good people down there too.

261 - 280 of 286 Posts