Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not shot long guns enough on a regular basis to be that good. Now at 70 the eyes don't help. I have seen a few reasonable .22lr with peep sights but was not sure how they would work with older eyes. 1) Are they similar to the Magpul buis rear sight apeture types? 2) Would they help or hinder old eyes? 3) Even with good eyesight I can't see how they would be good past 25 yards for good groups. Any info appreciated. Might be nice to try something different.

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
I have not shot long guns enough on a regular basis to be that good. Now at 70 the eyes don't help. I have seen a few reasonable .22lr with peep sights but was not sure how they would work with older eyes. 1) Are they similar to the Magpul buis rear sight apeture types? 2) Would they help or hinder old eyes? 3) Even with good eyesight I can't see how they would be good past 25 yards for good groups. Any info appreciated. Might be nice to try something different.
Peep sights can help but the rear aperture is usually too far away from the eye to gain the advantage of Depth of Field.

You'll either have to use corrective lenses, a pin-hole device for your glasses, or an optic.

Peep sights work really well and can get good groups out to hundreds of yards if the rifle and the shooter are capable. Lots of military and hunting rifles come equipped with peeps.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.