Peening

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bh153dc, Jan 6, 2011.

1. bh153dc

bh153dc New Member

Ok, I searched and found only the thread talking about the washer fix. Can someone direct me to where the washer fix details are for the recoil spring rod hole in the slide. And who sells them on the TP? Thanks

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    this is a pretty old topic and scattered through out older threads.

do you have a specific question?

3. bh153dc

bh153dc New Member

My recoil spring is getting close to popping out of the recoil rod hole on the slide. I will be sending the slide in to KT. But I remember seeing a post on here that had the exact washer dimensions to use to to stop the problem when I get the slide back. Just looking for any and all info about washer dimensions or if they are still sold on the TP.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    here is proably the first post "introducing" the availablity of the washer. there were several post prior about the problem and a leed up to the washer. this includes a drawing and dimensions from the washer distrubitior and order info (but minimun is like a 1000)
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1172726400/0#0

there are several post after that my be intersting. here is one where I state I got a damaged slide and inserted the washer. AND this is still my carry slide
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1222639963/12#12

I don't know if the washer are still availaible, here is the post from the member that had them last
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1239940202/0#0

5. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

If I recall correctly, there was a period of time when this was a fairly common problem. Probably a bad run of slides. I wouldn't be surprised if KT replaces your slide that the new one will never become a problem.

6. bh153dc

bh153dc New Member

Thanks for the info guys!

7. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
  8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Thanks for the update. I have remove the link where you took over from the FAQ/VIP.

9. bh153dc

bh153dc New Member

Thanks for all the info. Sorry for not responding sooner, recovering from surgery on my arm. one hand typing sucks!

10. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I purchase a couple of stainless steel washers, the smallest I could find and ground them down until they fit into the hole. I think I also had to drill out the center hole a little larger. If I remember correctly the slide stuck on the first coulple of rounds but after that it all worked great. A little work and 20 cents for the washers and I was good to go. Good luck Tom :)

11. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Have you noticed any excessive wear on the guide rod? I think that would be my only concern.

12. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    My J2Rxx P3AT developed the peening problem pretty early on. Kel-Tec replaced the slide with no questions asked.

Bill K.