Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y`all may have been over this already but please let me ask. Could alot of the peening be due to a rough guide rod not sanded to a glass finish and not greased really good, working through a thin hole in the slide. The hole in my slide is not all that thick but the rod is sanded like glass and allways well greased. (J7EXX 400 rounds or so, no sign of peening) Just a very, very small raised lip that You can not fill with your finger nail or knife blade and I believe this came about after about 100 rounds without rod being sanded smooth as glass. Thanks for any comments and hope you all have a great night and even a better tomorrow. PS, I would like to kiss and make up to anyone that I might have offened here a short while back, you know who you are, sorry. Karl :-[

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
I don't think that the rough guide rod is peening, but I do think it raises a ridge around the hole. That's what I'm pretty sure has happened with mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.