Pay $30.00 Premium for OD?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BillK, Apr 4, 2008.

1. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi Guys,

Would you pay a $30.00 "premium" for a P3AT that had an OD grip over one with a black grip?

About every 2-3 weeks I check with 3 LGS to see if they have a HC P3AT. One of the shops is not to far off the route I normally travel to and from work so I'll sometimes stop in rather then just calling. This afternoon I stopped in and there were two new P3ATs in the gun case - one with a green/OD grip and the other a black grip. Both had blued slides. Well the OD gun looked real sweat to me and I immediately decided I'd get the gun if the price seemed reasonable. Before I even asked I was quoted $229.00 for the Black and $259.00 for the OD. :-? I was taken aback and turned off not by the price itself but by the premium being put on the OD gun.  Am I being too sensitive about this? I don't question the shops right to charge whatever they feel like but none the less it still bothers me - enough to write this post.

BTW all my other business with this shop and its owner have been very positive.

Thanks...

2. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Don't think so but i don't like green

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I'd pay $30 more to buy a BLACK one over an OD green one.

-Scott

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    There is NO difference in wholesale prices based on grip color.  Perhaps the dealer's distributor raised prices after the black gripped gun was shipped and their cost went up on their subsequent purchases, I don't know.  :-/

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

After leaving the shop was thinking I could/should have asked if he paid more for the OD. I got the impression he did not because of his using the word "premium" when giving me the price of the OD gun. Anyway with a good nights sleep I find myself less bothered by the difference in price. It has been a good gun shop to do business with and this one thing is not enough to spoil my future dealings.

Thanks...

6. TJB63

TJB63 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Just an FYI -- I paid $230 for my OD grip - It's been a great little gun with no problems whatsoever. I'd offer him the same as what he wants for the other P3 and unless he can justify the cost increase, I'd walk. It's not like they are rare or hard to get. Now if it was HC I could see the difference, But I think he's just trying to get more because it looks different.

If you want you can send me $30 and I'll E-Mail you a Pic of my OD Green P3 ;D

Good Luck
    TJ

7. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maybe you think more of the LGS then the LGS thinks of you :)

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Well this Subject can now die. Went to a different LGS and came home with a new HC P3AT. Posted stuff under subject titled... Eureka! Finally Got my 2nd P3AT and in HC!

Thanks for the feedback...