Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

After a fluff and buff and a good cleaning, I finally made it out to put some rounds through my new P3AT(purchased a couple of weeks ago). Ran 100 rounds of WinClean through it without a single malfunction. This wasn't my first time shooting this model but I was pleasantly surprised by the accuracy considering the size of this thing.

The slightest hint of "peening" but judging by the thickness of the slide there, I don't think that's going to be an issue...at least I hope not! :)

Serial #: JDPxx

Pics are below. Thanks for all the great info on this site! Next stop, a Hogue Handall Jr., stainless mag. release, and possibly a stainless trigger.

The slide:
http://www.briansinsanity.com/slide.jpg

The new P3AT:
http://www.briansinsanity.com/p3at.jpg

P90 size comparison:
http://www.briansinsanity.com/ruger_p3at.jpg

hiaxis

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Nice and welcome. Glad it was a good day. A lot of us here have Ruger Ps and KTs!

That slide sure looks like a good one, the ridge is quite normal and NOT peening. I am going to guess you will not have any peening problems with how thick that slide is.

-Scott

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
adamsesq said:
That slide sure looks like a good one, the ridge is quite normal and NOT peening.  I am going to guess you will not have any peening problems with how thick that slide is.
Yep, it looks pretty thick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm very pleased with this thing so far.

A lot of us here have Ruger Ps and KTs!
I love my P90 but it's obvious I won't be carrying that thing concealed!

As for the ridge at the guide rod hole, it wasn't there when the gun was new but appeared after running the first 100 rounds through it. Like you all said, the slide is pretty thick there compared to some of the pics I've seen so hopefully this slide won't be added to the list of the ones that got sent back home.

Picked up a Handall Jr. yesterday and got it installed. I can see why a lot of you use them. What a difference in the feel of the grip.

How many rounds would you run through it before considering it broken in enough to send off to Jack for plating?

hiaxis

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Ordinarily, I'd say about 200 - 300. Since the peening issue however, I might go a few more unless it is obvious that won't be a problem. :-/

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would like to go at least 500 to be sure I don't have to send it in and chance not getting it back. I am at 250 right now, I guess I had better shoot it some more ;D

I am going to get it Jacked also but I may wait and send my PF-9 in with it... ::)

G

·
hiaxis said:
...Guess I'll just have to go burn up some more ammo!  ;D

hiaxis

Welcome to the Board hiais!

Glad you did the F&B first!

Now it is just....

Shoot, LUBE, Repeat!

Shoot, LUBE, Repeat!

Shoot, LUBE, Repeat!

Shoot, LUBE, Repeat!

After you install the hanadall, report back on how it affects the ability to draw from the pocket or where you carry. I took mine off as the grip seemed to want to grab at my jeans on the way out.

??? that sounded odd.... at times I suppose getting your jeans grabbed would be nice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.