parts to refresh a used P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by wilderness_wandere, Aug 17, 2008.

1. wilderness_wandere

wilderness_wandere New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I have a new-to-me used P-3AT with an unkown number of rounds through it.  I think I would like to get a complete set of replacement springs so that I know they are all in good shape.  I figured I would also pick up a new extractor, extractor leaf spring and franken bolt.  Is there anything else I should consider adding to my order?  Also I see where you can order magazines and the like online through the Kel-Tec store-- is there anything like that for parts or should I call them to place the order?

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Recoil springs
    a couple extractors and leaf springs
    several franken bolts
    AND an ejector....If you still have it, It WILL walk away one day ;)

3. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    If when you call you ask for the SERVICE department they will usually send out individual parts free of charge. They usually will not send out assemblies such as magazines (unless you return something for replacement). Magazines and accessories must be ordered and paid for through the SALES department.

Recoil springs and rod, ejector, ejector spring, buttonhead screw, extractor, magazine catch and spring are handy parts to have on hand.

Bobo

4. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Good idea. You might want a new mag catch, they can wear as they are polymer and a new mag catch spring, they can fly off to parts unknown when you try to reinstall them.

I would shoot it first with just the new recoil springs to see how it behaves, before changing out any other parts.

Inspect the small hole in the front of the slide where the recoil guide rod goes for peening, some P-3ATs have a problem with this hole becoming enlarged and then the inner recoil spring can come out through the hole, disabling the pistol. If you do have this problem you can send the slide and barrel only back to Kel-Tec and they will send you a new assembly for free.