Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All, New to the forum... I picked up a bunch of Kel Tec items at a local auction a few weeks ago and I need some help in identifying some of the items. Here are a few pictures of what I'm trying to figure out. I believe they may be from a Sub 9 or Sub 40, but would like to know what you folks think. Thanks for looking !!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
8 Posts
The sub 9 and sub 40 did have interchangable grips although people mostly stayed with the congig. they bought. I would think this might be a last chance for some of the sub 9 folks on this forum to expand their weapons options. I for one would be interested in parts you have that support the sub 9.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Those are both grip assemblies for the older all metal Sub-9. The one on the left looks like it may be for a Glock 19 or even possibly the P11 version, but I can't identify the one on the right. Looking at both your short tenures as members I feel it is incumbent on me to refer you to the section of our forum rules. By all means discuss them, but lets keep any solicitation to buy or sell out of this thread. :)

http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=197131

III. KEEP IT ON TOPIC:
A. Keep all commerce related posting in the Trading Post. We do not want the other forums spammed with solicitation. Spammers will be banned (period). Use of the Trading Post is a privilege extended to our members with 25+ posts. In reply #3 below, and also stickied at the top of the Trading Post, you will find very specific rules for using the Trading Post. Read them before posting there and follow them carefully. Failure to do so may result in loss of that privilege (post count set to zero), or even the banning of your account.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are both grip assemblies for the older all metal Sub-9. The one on the left looks like it may be for a Glock 19 or even possibly the P11 version, but I can't identify the one on the right. Looking at both your short tenures as members I feel it is incumbent on me to refer you to the section of our forum rules. By all means discuss them, but lets keep any solicitation to buy or sell out of this thread. :)

http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=197131
Understood... I am merely trying to identify the parts shown.

Thanks for the input!. I thought the one on the left was for the Sub 9 or 40. I looked at the sub 9 schematic on Kel Tec's web site and it shows the grip assembly with two holes for grip attachment. So maybe the on on the left is for a 40? Due to the difference in mag wells?

XF

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Understood... I am merely trying to identify the parts shown.

Thanks for the input!. I thought the one on the left was for the Sub 9 or 40. I looked at the sub 9 schematic on Kel Tec's web site and it shows the grip assembly with two holes for grip attachment. So maybe the on on the left is for a 40? Due to the difference in mag wells?

XF
They will both be for either the Sub 9 or 40. Part of the popularity of the .40 S&W cartridge is the fact that it is the same OAL as a 9mm, so you can generally use the same magazines for 9 or .40, with an obvious lower capacity in the .40 mag. Some adapted 9mm mags have a small 1/4 moon cutout in the front of the feed lips to allow for the fatter casing to feed properly, but some people have been able to feed and shoot .40 S&W with their 9mm magazines without issues. It also allows gun manufacturers to use the same frame and simply substitute a barrel and slide for each different caliber. The larger mag well on the right is very likely for a Glock now that I look closer. The added dimension is to allow for the polymer bodied Glock magazines which makes them fatter than all metal 9mm/.40 mags. Lengthwise it is likely a Glock17/22 grip, and if you look close you can see that the mag cut on the bottom of the grip is slightly angled forward. This is peculiar to the Glock Subs in both 9 and 2000 config, to allow for their different feed angle.

I still believe the grip on the left may be for the P-11 version of the Sub 9, but I can not be 100% positive. Heck most of what I have said here is purely conjecture anyway. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts