Parts from Kel-Tec....

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by nvp3at, Oct 15, 2009.

1. nvp3at

nvp3at New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I've heard from a lot of folks on this site that KT will send you parts if you ask.  I emailed them the other day and asked for a few small parts (P-3AT) that I had found defects with ie(buttonhead extractor screw, recoil springs).  The reply I got was simply: "Send your gun to KT per the warranty page of your manual...".  Maybe I'm not part of the cool group.... is there a secret code word or special door knock???

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I have paid for most of the parts I got from them :-?

3. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Try giving them a call, they seem to respond better to calls..

I have gotten several replacement parts from KT for free, includind one that I lost. Just talk to them and ask for the parts so you can change them yourself.

CJ

4. nvp3at

nvp3at New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    You're right! Easier to blow someone off via email..... I'll try calling in a few weeks, and hope I don't get the guy who answered my email... ;-)

5. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Calling KT is painless. I've gotten numerous free parts under warranty service just by calling CS and telling them what the issue is. In fact I just ordered a new guide rod because the head portion on mine had been filed down flat by my barrel. I also got free recoils spring for it. I'm bought other parts as well both in the past and on my most recent call to them. Right now I'm just waiting for them to arrive in the mail.

The reality is that KT and CS would rather send you free parts when you need them than to have you send in your gun. It's cheaper for them and it lessens their repair work load. With many repairs taking up to 10 weeks now :eek: it seem KT is even more willing to send out parts. That's been my experience anyway.

6. Swissyankee

Swissyankee New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    I got all my parts for free and I live overseas.

7. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Phone almost always works best and is also faster. I have called a number of times and always got parts free in just a few days.
    Ask for Service not for Sales - 1-800-515-9983 or 321-631-0068
    (M-F 8-4 EST)

8. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    calling works best with them. for some reason e-mail does not work well. i have got many free small item parts from they on a phone call. kel tec has the best service of any gun maker.

9. KuduKing

KuduKing New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    A few years ago, I would agree. I've called about a couple of items that had been subject to a design change and they sent me the new parts.

However, in the past year, no dice. Was told to send the gun or magazine back to them. In the case of the magazines I did, in the other case (gun) I just ordered parts and paid for them. Too much of a hassle shipping the gun back and forth.

I think they must be getting burned on free parts. Word gets out, and soon everyone is asking for free parts to have spares. Kel-Tec ends up paying for two sets of parts and postage for every gun made.

10. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I called KT on Friday, October 9. I ordered several parts. Of that, I told them I wanted both the inner and outer recoil springs and the guide rod as warranty parts. I also ordered some other parts so I'd have some spares. I paid for part of that order but received other additional parts as warranty parts as well. I received my order on Friday, October 16.

Every time I've called and asked for any warranty parts, I simply explained the "why" I wanted them and I've always gotten them. For example, on the recoil assembly set, I have 1000 rounds through my P3AT. I explained that the head of my guide rod was severely worn. No problem getting the parts I needed.

The same is also true for my PF-9. I've never paid for anything other than spare parts. Every failed part I've ever called them about even the recoil springs and guide rod at 1000 rounds were sent free of charge.

11. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    [hyjack]
    I put a scrible line accross the head with respect to the barrel lug so that I can put it back exactly the same each time. the barrel will (has to) wear a cresent in the head
    [/hyjack]

12. nvp3at

nvp3at New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    You guys were right! I called them on Friday, gave them guy on the phone the list of parts I wanted, he didn't even ask for a serial number just said "they're in the mail". Wow! Very nice.....

Thanks All!