Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The parts drawing shows this part as ejector. I lost mine today but I always thought it was just a fill in because they were using the same frame as the P-32.
But I looked in my 32 and it has a ejector. If part 115 is just fill in on frame what ejects the casing ?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
It DOES serve a purpose (even though gun might work with out it)

the rim of the spent round hits this hard steel piece to kick the rim out from under the extractor (on opposite side). Now the next round (or the magazine followwer) pushes the round from the bottom and kicks the spent round out also.

Also, there is a recessed lip on the inside that directs the round coming out of the magazine into the chamber before the slide pushes it that way

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
The aluminum frame around the ejector is too soft to act as the ejector, so they used a steel insert to act as the ejector.

Most P3-ATs will work fine without the ejector except for the last round in the magazine.

Normally, the next round in the magazine pushes the used casing out, that is until the last round in the magazine is fired, then there is no round to push the last casing out - that's where the ejector does it's most important work.

Just call Kel-Tec service -- 1-800-515-9983 or 321-631-0068 (M-F 8-4 EST) -- and tell them you lost the ejector and you'd like a couple of replacements. They will most likely send them out free of charge.

Bobo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.