Paranoia

Discussion in 'The Counter' started by fez, Dec 2, 2017.

1. fez

fez Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    florida
    Do you think we Americans are more paranoid then other countries? Present company excluded. LOL. Possibly what leads to these violent outbreaks.

2. rtm

rtm Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Tampa area
    I doubt we are more paranoid then anyone else...gotta go, found more ammo on sale.

3. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    It's Not Paranoia If They're Really Out to Get You.

:foil::foil::foil::foil::foil:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    fez likes this.
  4. BlakeHanson

BlakeHanson Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    More paranoid about global climate-change, definitely.
    Don't think it's lead to much violence though lol.gif .
    I'm still working on the hole in the ozone layer, acid-rain, and leaded gasoline. Many countries still use leaded gas:eek:.

5. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

I've become paranoid about clicking on one of your post, you just never know where it's going.;):gl:

850sub and fez like this.
  6. Bear Claw

Bear Claw Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Take an impressionable young kid or even adult, fill their minds with bloody/gore/images of violence and blast a rage music soundtrack with all sorts of foul language into their headphones for hours at a time, day after day, week after week, while they guzzle gallons of energy drinks they don't even need...what else does anyone expect? It's better than any CIA mind torture/experiment on how fast they can snap...yes, I'm putting SOME of the blame on these extremely lifelike videogames nowadays...war war war war.....shoot/kill, shoot/kill, shoot/kill...throw in some MMA on tv...

...no one was shooting up schools and churches when we played PacMan and Space Invaders....

fez likes this.
  7. 2Eagle_Dad

2Eagle_Dad Well-Known Member

We actually have LESS violent crime in America than we did 25 years ago.
    What we now have is a fear mongering media that has an agenda of convincing us that the OPPOSITE is the case.
    NOT TRUE!!
    They sell fear to sell submission. Cower in the corner, the Government will save you.
    I THINK NOT!!!

wayne-o, JAB, Electroshot and 3 others like this.
  8. BlakeHanson

May 31, 2015
    Look at the size of that thing!!!
    [​IMG]
    We're all gonna DIE!!! panic.gif
    All because of you and your aerosol cans:wall:.
    [​IMG]
    Then we found out that it grows and shrinks completely at random and we humans have virtually no impact on it:rolleyes:.

9. 2Eagle_Dad

2Eagle_Dad Well-Known Member

OK, folks also need to protest against sunrise. :eek:
    Climate change HAPPENS.

10. BlakeHanson

May 31, 2015
    It does.
    We were headed for an ice-age in the 70's due to pollution by humans:

We're all gonna freeze to death! panic.gif
    Fortunately, global-warming showed up just in time to save the day clapslow.gif .
    Now we're all gonna drown from rising oceans,
    and starve from endless droughts!:no:

11. guru2sum

guru2sum Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Mad City, Wisconsin
    I read somewhere that the difference in UV hitting the ground in Antarctica between the extremes in the photos would be the same difference if you went from Montreal to New York City. Not so scary, just how sensitive you set up the color settings. But it was effective in forcing us to buy $20 Freon instead of $0.50 Freon.

12. BlakeHanson

May 31, 2015
    Exactly. The main thing to come away with is paranoia is a very real force, like a hurricane, that can cost a country billion$.
    My only worry (paranoia) is that we will be are so over-run with nonsense things to be paranoid about, when something meaningful comes along, it will have to get in line and take a number.
    That could be really bad:(.

In the mean time, let's put this warning on everything and get it over with:rolleyes::
    [​IMG]
    (wonder what they will put on actually dangerous stuff?)

13. fez

fez Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    florida
    I don't like people who hijack threads. Stop it or I will kill you.:p

14. BlakeHanson

May 31, 2015
    All my posts were about paranoia.
    You must be speaking about FLT:rolleyes:.
    (you know, you never can be sure about guys like him:alien:). Thinking.gif

;)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    fez likes this.
  15. fez

fez Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    florida
    My neighbors dog told me the same thing.:devil:

16. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    East Tennessee
    I was born in 1971. Growing up we actually saw the coyote hit the ground when he fell off a cliff. We saw images on the news of bodies strewn all over from bombings in Beirut, etc.

My first game console was an Atari 2600 in the mid 70s. I have played video games off and on ever since - including Call of Duty games among others on my Playstation 3 (no, I don't have the latest and greatest.) I love the 'realistic' graphics as well as the game play and story lines. Let's face it - all nostalgia aside PacMan and Space Invaders suck compared to newer games (to the point of being unplayable once you get used to the modern stuff.)

Ozzy Osbourne was my favorite singer right about the time of that ridiculous court case blaming him for some dude's suicide. Iron Maiden was my favorite band back then. Along with singers/bands like Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Chris Stapleton, Blackberry Smoke and Jamey Johnson some, other current favorites are Five Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold and Slayer. Heck, I have been a fan of Slayer since the late 1980s and have heard all the nonsense claims about how such music 'makes' people do bad things. (Slayer's "Seasons in the Abyss" is the song I wake up to every morning - yeah, it is an 'old' song now but still great.) Sometimes I even enjoy bands like Cannibal Corpse, Opeth and Mastadon. Funny thing, I haven't shot up a single school nor even a church. Haven't wanted to, either. Speaking of churches, let us not forget how many atrocities have been committed by people using religion as an excuse/justification (and no, one religion has a monopoly on atrocity.) That number is MUCH higher than anything perpetrated by video game addicts. Does that mean religion is bad or just that some people have used it as an excuse?

Remember, also, that the worst school massacre in the history of the United States took place in 1927 and was carried out by the school board treasurer ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster ). Jack the Ripper was a brutal serial killer in England in the 1800s. The Son of Sam terrorized New York in the mid 1970s. The Boston Strangle murdered women in the 1960s. It was 1966 when Charles Whitman killed and injured people at random while shooting from an observation tower at the University of Texas at Austin. The Hillside Strangler (which was actually two guys) murdered several women and young girls in 1977 and 1978. James Huberty shot up a McDonald's - killing 21 people and injuring 19 more - in 1984. George Hennard shot up Luby's Cafeteria, killing 23 people and wounding 27, in 1991. Crazy people are going to do crazy things. Evil people are going to do evil things. Charles Manson took some kind of inspiration from The Beatles' song 'Helter Skelter' when he had his followers commit terrible murders in an attempt to start a race war in 1969. Was that song REALLY to blame? People are responsible for their own actions in those cases. Blaming music, video games, energy drinks or the neighbor's dog just gives them an excuse and muddies the issue, IMO - no less than blaming the guns some of them use to commit their atrocities.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017 at 3:51 PM
    mattman17 likes this.
  17. fez

fez Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    florida
    I agree with some of what jab says. But it is much more graphic today and at the same time seems unreal. These new games makes killing seem easy. Words in a book or music are not the same thing in my opinion.

18. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

I'm scared to have an opinion! Does that mean I'm suffering from paranoia ? :help:

BlakeHanson and fez like this.
  19. fez

fez Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    florida
    Wait. I'll ask the neighbors dog. He says it's ok as long as it's the same as his.

guru2sum likes this.
  20. Bear Claw

Bear Claw Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Quite the soliloquy. Hasn't swayed my view one bit, though.