Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Smart Carry is my choice. They give you a 60 day trial period too. I sweet and it has a water proof back panel. PP is leather and the whole thing must be pulled up to draw (2 hand operation) I can 1 hand draw my P3AT or P 11 with the smartcarry.
Just my .02

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I use the "small" Smart Carry when working out at the fitnesss center. Move my P3AT from pocket and PM4044 from ankle to the Smart Carry in a bathroom stall - leaving spare mags in locker. I have the other brand also, but prefer the "no seam" design of the Smart Carry. I bought the design with the extra pocket in back, but wish I hadn't - wastes space I need when folding it up for storage in swimsuit pocket.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
I bought the XS smartcarry with the back pocket. I can see where the back pocket could affect folding it up but it doesnt add anything when wearing.

The XS fits the P3AT w or w/o a laser just fine. I can even get the P40 into it and the trigger guard is covered but just barely and it feels like it is going to flop out.

I wish I would have taken Charlie's advice and bought a bigger size to begin with and then used the safety pin at the bottom method for the P3ATs. I was using the safety pins on the bottom of the mag holder to keep the mags up and easy to grab but I found that putting a couple of packages of foam ear plugs in the bottom does the same thing and if I ever get a hankering to shop and shoot something I have some plugs with me. Note also that I have the Bersa finger extension on the mag I keep in the smartcarry - it makes it much easier to grab.

-Scott (who's still threatening to post the pics of me in the smartcarry)

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Got mine in Jan '06, this pic was taken in Oct '06. Now (Apr '07) it has a bit more wear, but not much. Have been wearing it 24/7 since I got it (about 16 months ago).

Got a Grandfather Oak pocket holster about 2 months ago just in case I wanted to pocket carry. Tried it for a while, and it is a very good pocket holster.

But I went back to the SmartCarry. More comfortable, more covert.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
peaceful99 said:
Bobo, what size is that?  Small or extra small.
The XSL (extra small laser) security model.

I don't use the security pocket much. Just keep a copy of my CHP and my lawyer's contact info in it.

I have used it as a money belt a couple of times.

When I have to get another one I'll still get the security model. The extra thickness is literally unnoticeable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.