Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Pager Pal vs Smart Carry

537 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Bobo
Does anyone use them for the P3's or larger. Im thinking of getting one for my P3 and Glock 19.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Smart Carry is my choice. They give you a 60 day trial period too. I sweet and it has a water proof back panel. PP is leather and the whole thing must be pulled up to draw (2 hand operation) I can 1 hand draw my P3AT or P 11 with the smartcarry.
Just my .02
I use the "small" Smart Carry when working out at the fitnesss center. Move my P3AT from pocket and PM4044 from ankle to the Smart Carry in a bathroom stall - leaving spare mags in locker. I have the other brand also, but prefer the "no seam" design of the Smart Carry. I bought the design with the extra pocket in back, but wish I hadn't - wastes space I need when folding it up for storage in swimsuit pocket.
I bought the XS smartcarry with the back pocket. I can see where the back pocket could affect folding it up but it doesnt add anything when wearing.

The XS fits the P3AT w or w/o a laser just fine. I can even get the P40 into it and the trigger guard is covered but just barely and it feels like it is going to flop out.

I wish I would have taken Charlie's advice and bought a bigger size to begin with and then used the safety pin at the bottom method for the P3ATs. I was using the safety pins on the bottom of the mag holder to keep the mags up and easy to grab but I found that putting a couple of packages of foam ear plugs in the bottom does the same thing and if I ever get a hankering to shop and shoot something I have some plugs with me. Note also that I have the Bersa finger extension on the mag I keep in the smartcarry - it makes it much easier to grab.

-Scott (who's still threatening to post the pics of me in the smartcarry)
See less See more
adamsesq said:
-Scott (who's still threatening to post the pics of me in the smartcarry)
Just make sure you wear underwear. Otherwise we'd have to change the rating of the forum to XXX. :eek:
Got mine in Jan '06, this pic was taken in Oct '06. Now (Apr '07) it has a bit more wear, but not much. Have been wearing it 24/7 since I got it (about 16 months ago).

Got a Grandfather Oak pocket holster about 2 months ago just in case I wanted to pocket carry. Tried it for a while, and it is a very good pocket holster.

But I went back to the SmartCarry. More comfortable, more covert.

See less See more
looks like smart carry is the way
Definately "a" way. I love it, but also love my pocket holsters. It depends on the circumstances.

-Scott
Bobo said:
Got mine in Jan '06, this pic was taken in Oct '06. Now (Apr '07) it has a bit more wear, but not much. Have been wearing it 24/7 since I got it (about 16 months ago).
Bobo, what size is that? Small or extra small.
peaceful99 said:
Bobo, what size is that?  Small or extra small.
The XSL (extra small laser) security model.

I don't use the security pocket much. Just keep a copy of my CHP and my lawyer's contact info in it.

I have used it as a money belt a couple of times.

When I have to get another one I'll still get the security model. The extra thickness is literally unnoticeable.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.