Length Unfolded - 24 5/8”
Height - 8 1/2”
Width Folded - 3 1/8”
Width Unfolded - 2 1/8”
LOP: 14 7/8”

Holosun HS503GU Green Circle Dot
BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 Vertical Grip
REHV Arms Picatinny stock adapter
A3 Tactical stock with Sig folding hinge (7.75" extension)

100% reliable through 400 dolla- I mean 400 rounds.

The offset stock puts the top at my cheek perfectly and my eye right in line with the red dot. Could even use the iron sights with a little scrunch.

The charging handle clears the stock, but I think I'm going to smooth down the little ridge at the top front as there's potential to catch on it just barely. The stock adapter leaves plenty of room to get to the mag latch. However, it does occlude the QD mounting point at the rear unless you use a particularly small QD attachment on the sling since the space is narrow. No idea if such an attachment even exists on the market.

Something you'll notice - no sling swivels on the stock. I chose not to prioritize that, as I can still use the one on the bottom of the grip if I ever decide to sling it. Realistically, a paracord loop on the stock will mount a QD sling attachment anyway.

One minor interference: when folded, the stock impedes actuating the safety with the thumb. Still accessible on the other side, so this is minor in my opinion. The stock is modular in that you can mount the hinge and buttplate on either end, in either orientation; unfortunately no other configuration resolved the interference without raising the stock up to interfere with the charging handle.

It's been a hell of a lot of fun as a pistol. I'll update soon with how it shoots as an SBR.

Small legal note: ignore the OAL listed on the stamp form... I had to register it at it's pistol length as I hadn't decided on a stock yet. I filed an adjustment letter at the new length. Turns out the ATF requires that you register for the stamp with an exact assembled length, but having a pistol and stock in hand with the intent to assemble them without a stamp is illegal, so... catch 22. I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV.

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I compared four different company's stock products before deciding on the A3 tactical.

Midwest Industries
Sig Sauer
JMAC Customs
A3 Tactical

My priorities were:
  • Clearing the charging handle (which eliminated some hinges as well as they stick up too high)
  • Light weight
  • Correct cheek weld and shoulder placement
  • Folds flat against the side without being excessively wide
  • Lastly, reasonable price while meeting my goals

As mentioned before, sling swivel points were not a priority, or others on the list like the Midwest Industries triangle stock would have been more competitive.

The JMAC options looked promising, but very pricey. They offer only one length about an inch shorter than I estimated I need. They appear to be designed for use with a chest rig, which makes some sense.

The Sig Sauer MCX stock was my initial option, except I wasn't able to find them in stock anywhere so I kept looking.

The Midwest Industries options were interesting and inexpensive, but on the heavier side and quite wide along the top. This gave me concerns about folding flat.

None of the three offered options that would be my correct length of pull.

The A3 stocks come completely modular. Two hinge options, including Sig's hinge which I went with over their own hinge due to the aforementioned charging handle clearance. Lots of length options, and four buttplate options. Being able to choose a 7.75" extension and minimal buttplate, and costing a reasonable $230 for all the combined parts, this became my choice.

The machining and finish are excellent. There's no play at all in the hinge and the extension and buttplate mount very solidly with torx head screws. An interesting aspect of the modular design is that you can mount the hinge and buttplate on either end of the extension, and oriented in either direction - which means there are lots of ways to assemble it to avoid interferences depending on your firearm.

And lastly, their customer service is excellent. I initially ordered their 8.25" extension, which ended up being too long. They let me return just the extension and order the correct one, without having to send everything back.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention - while the hinge is technically reversible so that you could have it fold to the opposite side, doing so would result in the bottom of the hinge rising above the top of the stock itself and directly impeding the charging handle. So, if folding on the right side is your thing you'll need to search for an alternative option.

· Registered
9 Posts
That’s nice almost bought one in April for my bday but took in consideration the price of ammo and ended buying a micro draco instead that 7.62 is bout half the cost but I do have a similar setup with the cp33

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Shooting update:

Finally was able to get it out to put through its paces. I took it to a coworker's land with about 8 of us shooting a couple dozen various firearms at a variety of steel and paper targets.

The stock and foregrip are, for lack of a better description, game changing. This is a freaking laser beam, easy to transition between steel targets. It shoulders quickly and comfortably, and consistently so that it doesn't require any shrugging to get my eye to the dot of the sight.

I didn't go for groups on paper, but sighting it in and then confirming with one full mag semi-rapid fire from ~30 yards ended up with all 50 rounds in roughly one big 1.5" hole and a small peppering of holes around it going out to about 2.5".

Could it demonstrate more precision? Almost certainly. But it's really not designed as, nor is the 5.7x28 cartridge designed to be, a long-range or precision tool. With the extra stability of the foregrip and stock, it'll easily do minute-of-squirrel out to 50 yards - which is good enough for me.

It was 100% reliable over 250 rounds and for everyone in the group who tried it out. No failures now over more than 650 total rounds since I bought it. The plastic magazine feed lips aren't showing any significant wear.

One thing to note here: when cleaning it after this session I did notice that the bolt was more difficult than usual to get out. Upon inspection I found that the two rods that connect the bolt to the other end of the assembly (the ones without springs) had started backing out - one from the bolt end and the other from the other end. I imagine that if they backed out much further it would become impossible to remove the bolt from the gun as normal. The rods are tightened using an allen wrench, which are accessible at the muzzle end while the bolt is installed and could allow one to tighten them in place before removing the assembly if needed. After removing it, I backed them out at both ends, added loctite, and hand tightened them again. This is something I would recommend checking periodically if you haven't loctited them yet yourself. The issue is minor though as it didn't seem to effect the actual function of the action.

Lastly, it was unanimously grin-inducing. Such an amazingly fun to shoot gun!

Bottom line is: if tax stamps are your thing, SBR the P50. It's so very much worth it. A pistol brace could be a decent facsimile, if you prefer going that route and don't mind losing the VG.

· Registered
3 Posts
Shooting update:

Finally was able to get it out to put through its paces. I took it to a coworker's land with about 8 of us shooting a couple dozen various firearms at a variety of steel and paper targets.

The stock and foregrip are, for lack of a better description, game changing. This is a freaking laser beam, easy to transition between steel targets. It shoulders quickly and comfortably, and consistently so that it doesn't require any shrugging to get my eye to the dot of the sight.

I didn't go for groups on paper, but sighting it in and then confirming with one full mag semi-rapid fire from ~30 yards ended up with all 50 rounds in roughly one big 1.5" hole and a small peppering of holes around it going out to about 2.5".

Could it demonstrate more precision? Almost certainly. But it's really not designed as, nor is the 5.7x28 cartridge designed to be, a long-range or precision tool. With the extra stability of the foregrip and stock, it'll easily do minute-of-squirrel out to 50 yards - which is good enough for me.

It was 100% reliable over 250 rounds and for everyone in the group who tried it out. No failures now over more than 650 total rounds since I bought it. The plastic magazine feed lips aren't showing any significant wear.

One thing to note here: when cleaning it after this session I did notice that the bolt was more difficult than usual to get out. Upon inspection I found that the two rods that connect the bolt to the other end of the assembly (the ones without springs) had started backing out - one from the bolt end and the other from the other end. I imagine that if they backed out much further it would become impossible to remove the bolt from the gun as normal. The rods are tightened using an allen wrench, which are accessible at the muzzle end while the bolt is installed and could allow one to tighten them in place before removing the assembly if needed. After removing it, I backed them out at both ends, added loctite, and hand tightened them again. This is something I would recommend checking periodically if you haven't loctited them yet yourself. The issue is minor though as it didn't seem to effect the actual function of the action.

Lastly, it was unanimously grin-inducing. Such an amazingly fun to shoot gun!

Bottom line is: if tax stamps are your thing, SBR the P50. It's so very much worth it. A pistol brace could be a decent facsimile, if you prefer going that route and don't mind losing the VG.
Could I ask what your length of pull is with that stock? Thanks.

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The length of pull with the parts I listed (7.75” stock extension) is 14 7/8”

I’m 5’9” and not heavy. This LOP feels comfortably compact with a t-shirt, but also not unwieldy to shoulder with a thick jacket or hunting vest.

Now, this is LOP with a “closed elbow hold” (as opposed to a “chicken wing” hold like with a traditional hunting rifle stock which would require a shorter LOP), and a wedge stance (as opposed to a square stance which would require a shorter LOP). Your personal stance is important.

Interestingly, I shoot my RDB Survival with the stock extended using the mentioned square stance and chicken wing hold - at a 14 5/8” LOP.

So I suppose for me personally ~14 3/4” is my right fit.

· Registered
9 Posts
The length of pull with the parts I listed (7.75” stock extension) is 14 7/8”

I’m 5’9” and not heavy. This LOP feels comfortably compact with a t-shirt, but also not unwieldy to shoulder with a thick jacket or hunting vest.

Now, this is LOP with a “closed elbow hold” (as opposed to a “chicken wing” hold like with a traditional hunting rifle stock which would require a shorter LOP), and a wedge stance (as opposed to a square stance which would require a shorter LOP). Your personal stance is important.

Interestingly, I shoot my RDB Survival with the stock extended using the mentioned square stance and chicken wing hold - at a 14 5/8” LOP.

So I suppose for me personally ~14 3/4” is my right fit.
Where did you add your engraving?

· Registered
63 Posts
Just rear of the serial number on the same side. My trust name and city are short, so I didn’t have trouble fitting it there.

The engraving wasn’t done until after the pictures in my original post were taken.
Sweet setup. I'm not a lawyer either... but my recall and interpretation is that you may have taken a photo of a possible felony as it is required to have SBRs engraved before assembly / making.

You may want to sanitize this / have the thread deleted and repost to share your sweet P50 that is making me want to buy one again....

Obviously no mens rea here, but perhaps best to avoid any potential headaches even if the chances are slim to none of any issues for you.

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet setup. I'm not a lawyer either... but my recall and interpretation is that you may have taken a photo of a possible felony as it is required to have SBRs engraved before assembly / making.

You may want to sanitize this / have the thread deleted and repost to share your sweet P50 that is making me want to buy one again....

Obviously no mens rea here, but perhaps best to avoid any potential headaches even if the chances are slim to none of any issues for you.
Good looking out.

The guys at TN Silencer indicated it was fine when I brought it back to them for engraving, and they are the experts.

But, just like with the OAL measurement difficulty I described above, most of the ATF’s regulations are designed to be difficult to not violate so I wouldn’t doubt your concern. Better safe than sorry.

· Registered
63 Posts
Good looking out.

The guys at TN Silencer indicated it was fine when I brought it back to them for engraving, and they are the experts.

But, just like with the OAL measurement difficulty I described above, most of the ATF’s regulations are designed to be difficult to not violate so I wouldn’t doubt your concern. Better safe than sorry.
Did you bring it to them to be engraved already made or in pistol form? I would assume you just brought them the pistol, or the part.. maybe they were just telling you no harm no foul? Anyhow... perhaps in my effort to make sure you know I'm not dispensing legal advice the important bit is getting lost. If you google "form 1 must be engraved before before assembly" you may be better informed ;)

In short "All NFA items must be properly engraved" you made an NFA item and it was not engraved... not trying to be a cop, just to trying to share knowledge.

Reading of the ATF's NFA Handbook makes this clear as well, though in more technical / legal language.

I hope you misunderstood the TN Silencer folks, or they didn't have all of the info, as your experts here are very very wrong otherwise 😳

1 - 11 of 11 Posts