Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

P40

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  DiamondGCoupe 
#1 ·
Found this P40 today. Never bean fired except from factory.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Keltec produced the P11 and P40 in SS for a couple of years. They stopped because the P40 would develop a tiny crack in a corner of the ejection port IIRC. Did not expand or cause malfunctions but keltec got tired of changing them out under warranty. I bought my P11 in SS about that time and joined KTOG just after Keltec did the P40 conversion kit offer to KTOGers ;(

#9 ·
Keltec produced the P11 and P40 in SS for a couple of years. They stopped because the P40 would develop a tiny crack in a corner of the ejection port IIRC. Did not expand or cause malfunctions but keltec got tired of changing them out under warranty. I bought my P11 in SS about that time and joined KTOG just after Keltec did the P40 conversion kit offer to KTOGers ;(
I am not saying you are wrong but I never heard of one in the years I have been on this board. I was hoping someone else could fill us in. I, myself have a SS P11 that was a safe queen. I did a google search and not a lot comes up on the subject. I found a picture, it isnt the best, of a P40 that may look stainless but the description says parkerized. I do not know! I'd post the link but it may be of an active ad. Just trying to get clarity.

#12 ·
Nice snag!

Yeah, I've also got a real stainless P11. Haven't shot it much, but knew it was rare when I saw it in my local gun store around 2000, so I bought it. Also have a blued P40. Unfortunately, the ss P11 doesn't seem as accurate at the P40. I really like the two-tone look and would love a P40 in hard chrome (or even stainless!), but I've never seen either personally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.