Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the NE Florida area looking for a reasonabley priced P3. I heard an add for Sooters today having them for $249. I believe the sale is this coming weekend. It is a sale price only. I think they are usually $279 there IIRC. Also some decent pices on S&W's

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yeah, I think shooters in Jacksonville is as good as it gets tbh (from Jax myself too). I been saving up but I am not there yet. /shakes fist at Shooters!!!

I will get there soon. I been wanting one of these puppies for a while now. Of course I still want a P-11 and maybe a PF-9 and now I want one of those little .22 rifles coming out. Dang it! /shakes fist at Keltec!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've bought my Kahr PM9, a Walther P22 and two kel-tec P3s at Shooters--one blued model for $239 and one parkerized for $269 (though he rang it up as $279 and even after I asked, "you charged me $269, right?" he said, "yes"--I didn't find out how my math was off until I was halfway home).  I bet you can get a blued one there for $229 if you bargain a bit and offer to buy some ammo (the parks are usually $15-$20 more).

Wow, a $299 HC P3 at Green Acres isn't bad--their guns are usually overpriced like most places around here.  The only gun stores I really like in Jax are Shooters and Gun Gallery on Beach (Neil at GG is a good guy).

I'm glad to know there's a good showing of us Jax folks here on KTOG.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've purchased several firearms from Shooters. Mike, JW and the Owner are the best to deal with. Probably going to head over there this weekend and look at their prices on K-T Sub-2000s.

I agree with evi1joe about Neil at Gun Gallery as well.

·
Banned
236 Posts
Yeah Green Acres had the Chrome for $329. I told him $299 AND throw in a box of of Hydra shoks. He didn't think about it 2 seconds, just rang it up. Times are tough, these shops WILL negotiate.
So if Shooters doesn't have the HC and you want it, might want to check out the Acres. ( I agree, they are normally overpriced, only reason I even went there was to see about the Chrome models nobody else seemed to have).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eviljoe, I'm guessing you bought the gun at that price about a year or so ago at shooters. They seemed to have jumped in price since then around here. I got one for 249 blued at their last sale. One thing that bothers me about Florida and gun shops, and shows. Every time I'm there or at a show, I've seen what I'd consider gang member candidates buying guns like they were candy. Especially the AR's and other auto rifles. I'm all for free access to owning a gun, but it's a bit scary. How'd you like the 18 year old that tried to kill the cop that was chasing him down for a stolen pair of pants last week. Guess he was a bit surprised as he took 7 rounds in the face from the fallen officer when he came back for what he thought would be an easy kill. For those of you that say the cops can't shoot too well, I'd say he did pretty good.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I don't think that 18 year-old bought that GLOCK 21 at a gun show or local gun shop since he was only 18. But I understand your point and agree that there are too many shady characters buying guns these days. Even more reason to have a CCL and practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, at 18 I know he didn't walk in and buy one, perhaps his buddies did, just making a statement on those I've seeen buying guns as of late. I hope I practice more than them. It's actually one of the reasons I decided to get my CCL in Fl. I used to have it in NYS and thought I'd better get one now that I'm in Florida, before they decided you can't have one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dreadnought said:
[quote author=Rich62643 link=1201752280/0#9 date=1201877002]www.stnickguns.com
I bought my AR-7 from them years ago (when they had a store near Julington Creek).  But their listed price for a P3AT is shown as $319.99.  That's not very good.  :([/quote]

You can get them now for 289.99. Also Glocks right now are 489.99

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rich62643 said:
You can get them now for 289.99. Also Glocks right now are 489.99
Duly noted. Thanks for the information. Isn't the owner's name Rich ;)?

I remember the super-nice big fella that used to work at the Julington Creek store. He was working at D i c k 's Sporting Goods for a while after the whole "bought location to turn it into a restaurant and then it failed" thing happened. I think the big fella was from upstate New York originally...has a farm there too if I remember correctly. That guy was very nice and very knowledgeable. I always enjoyed chatting it up with him.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dreadnought said:
[quote author=Rich62643 link=1201752280/0#9 date=1201877002]www.stnickguns.com
I bought my AR-7 from them years ago (when they had a store near Julington Creek).  But their listed price for a P3AT is shown as $319.99.  That's not very good.  :([/quote]

Yea LISTED price.. buying a gun is just like buying a car.. you make a deal!! The price I was quoted was ALOT less.
As far as Shooters.. OMG I hate that place.. I swear that has to be the rudest bunch of men in the world who also tend to tell you lies about stuff when it is not something they have. I did not feel like waiting to order from Kel-Tec a Magazine Extension.. well I was told that there was no such thing that I must have misunderstood something somebody tried to tell me.. hmm funny how you can buy them from Kel-Tec. The last time we went in they wanted to charge $70 for a HK rail adaptor that sells for $30 everywhere else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
gatorhugger said:
Yeah Green Acres had the Chrome for $329. I told him $299 AND throw in a box of of Hydra shoks. He didn't think about it 2 seconds, just rang it up. Times are tough, these shops WILL negotiate.
So if Shooters doesn't have the HC and you want it, might want to check out the Acres. ( I agree, they are normally overpriced, only reason I even went there was to see about the Chrome models nobody else seemed to have).
They NEVER had a hard chrome there either.. the ONLY place in jax we could find them was St Nic... granted it was only the Blue/ hard chrome.. so we had to get 2 of them and order the black/ hard chrome.

·
Banned
236 Posts
sorry about the tip on Green acres. They had at least two. I was in there today to look at their half off table and you are right, no more chromes.Right now the Chrome ones are either very hot or limited production because Blue ones are everywhere.

BTW, unrelated, while there, this ... guy had a like new in the box Beretta 9 with extra neoprene grips he was selling to them. I looked over and saw the price ticket, $225 was what they gave him. I was dying to pull the hood aside and offer $250 in front of the salesman. Haha.
Now it will be for sale for $525 tommorrow under glass, as a nice model only shot on Sundays by a grandmother....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Does ANYONE in Jacksonville stock Corbon DPX ammo in .380?  I'm just about to spend $23.70 on a box of 20 + $8 shipping--that's $32 or $1.60 a round (even though if I buy 5 more boxes, my shipping only goes up to $10).  I'd offer to add boxes for you Jax folks at $25 a box, but we'd have to work out a place/time for pick-up.  Message me before Sunday evening if you're interested OR if you know a place around town where I can buy DPX.

PS--it does seem like every time I'm in Shooters (or most Jax gun stores) there are ALWAYS thug-life big-pimpin' guys in there buying AR-pistols or other such stuff. We've had robberies, car-jackings and everything in Riverside lately--two guys robbed European Street restaurant with an AK47 and a shotgun and even robbed the customers (I need to get a wallet with "BMF" written on it in case this happens to me--knock on wood).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.