P3AT would have saved my life today !!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Ohio_Rusty, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Ohio_Rusty

Ohio_Rusty New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    I was coming to my parttime job today, sitting at the corner of Long and Jefferson waiting for the red light to change. This intersection is on the edge of one of the worst areas of Columbus. I see a savory looking fellow walking down the sidewalk toward my car. The light is green for him, and the cross walk is open for him to cross and continue on his way.  Instead, he steps off the sidewalk, and walks 'behind' my car and stops. I see him and instantly I reach into my inside coat pocket and place my hand around my P3AT, finger in the edge of the trigger guard and a speer gold dot hollow point in the tube ready to fire. The character then comes around my car and looks into my window. He sees my hand in my coat pocket and my eyes on him. I think he sensed I was armed and decided to walk away. I watched him walk down the sidewalk for a few seconds. The light changed and I was happy to go on my way.
    So what was he up to ?? Thinking of a car jacking ??  A strong arm robbery ??? Just being curious and stupid??? What I know for sure is if some felony would have happened, my P3 in my hand would have rescued me from the harm that was to follow.  I'm telling you that you never know when or where something bad is going to happen. Be ready ..... be armed 24/7.
    P3AT .... never leave home without it ...................
    Ohio Rusty ><>

2. keltec-NK

keltec-NK New Member

May 23, 2007
    +1

- happens a lot in Houston...I am glad you didn't have to shoot... ;)

3. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Good he kept on walking. It would have been a shame if he had tried something stupid and you had to defend yourself from inside the car. Glad you didn't have to do more than just let him know you had a gun.

4. george

george Guest

Mr OR
    [ be armed 24/7.
    P3AT .... never leave home without it ]
    When ever my P3AT gos out I go with IT.....

Geo. ;D ;)

5. Chuck-Baby

Chuck-Baby New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Having my littlel buddy in my pocket is "like wetting your pants when you are wearing a dark suit, it gives you a warm feeling but nobody else knows about it." Glad you did not have to do the IDIOT in also.

I agree with your feeling about not letting your P3AT leave home without you.

CB

6. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    +1 to all of the above!
    BTW, you do drive with your windows rolled up and doors locked when in a bad neighborhood don't you?

7. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    +1 too all, don't leave home without it !!!!!! :)

8. GuyFawkes2008

GuyFawkes2008 New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Southern Central FL
    You know he had to be scoping you out - I'm glad you were able to change his mind for him!

;)

9. Ohio_Rusty

Ohio_Rusty New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    I'm sure he was scoping me out. That area I was near is so bad with violent crime that even the police don't go into that area alone. They either double up in cruisers or go in with backup. I refuse to be easy pickings. The doors in my Chevy auto lock when the car is in gear and the window was up. That is no guarantee against someone with crime on their mind. There was a criminal last year that was going around busting out windows with a hammer and robbing people on the street in their cars before they even knew what was coming.
    The best insurance is a loaded and ready P3AT, and teaching yourself to be observant and in condition orange when not in a safe place.
    Ohio Rusty ><>

10. Mr.B

Mr.B Guest

I'm hoping you meant to say "I see an UNsavory looking fellow" ;)

Glad that went your way, and glad you didn't have to shoot (would have been a long day otherwise)

11. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007

Yep probably just a typo we all do it.  ::)

Savory, Appetizing to the taste or smell.

tom j

12. TX380

TX380 New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    No disrespect to PshootR, but...How about doors locked and windows up ALL the time? You don't have to be in a bad neighborhood to find yourself in a bad situation. I always say, "Make sure your doors are locked and your gun is loaded, but not necessarily in that order." Applies to vehicles and home.

I agree with the P3AT as a coat pocket and deep concealment gun, but prefer something in a larger caliber for a vehicle gun; since the weapon is not on your body, concealment and printing are not as big an issue. This permits larger caliber, longer barrel, and larger capacity for worst case scenarios.

13. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Now don't take this wrong.  Rusty what were you doing in a known bad neighborhood?  Best way to avoid problems is to avoid problem areas.

A long drive around is MUCH better than a shooting investigation.

14. jackedlobster

jackedlobster New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    can you (may you, rather) have a loaded weapon in a vehicle that is not concealed on your person?

15. THE_HUNTER

THE_HUNTER New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    My choice in a bad area would rather be my Glock21 but the P3AT would definately have more chance of being on my person also.Great thing about the Ohio Permit is ANY pistol is legal,including AK pistols and AR versions,or Keltec. :cool:Duffle bag on the front seat unzipped would be my preference.....but the LE Agent investigating the shooting and the crooks family would probably make life Hell.....they have more rights than we do. >:(

16. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    It's not that bad an area. I used to work as a tail gunner on a bread delivery truck in the barrios of East LA, now there's a bad neighborhood ........................................ ;D

+1 on loaded and ready. And ditto on the larger caliber in the car, keep the mousegun on the person, larger caliber at hand in the car.

Dan R

17. UNF-PF9

UNF-PF9 New Member

Jan 30, 2008

he said he was driving to work, he might even work in a bad area so it may not be an option to avoid a bad area of town.

18. TX380

TX380 New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    can you (may you, rather) have a loaded weapon in a vehicle that is not concealed on your person?
    [/quote]

Good point; probably depends on which state you live in and possibly whether you have a CHL or not. Check your state laws to be sure, but be cautious about anything you read online. The internet has become the world's largest and most accessible source of incorrect information! Actually, I have no source for that, I just made it up, but it's probably true! ;D